Author Topic: ACD Agents - Supervisors wanting Multicall Lines  (Read 3378 times)

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
ACD Agents - Supervisors wanting Multicall Lines
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
Hey everyone, pretty new to Mitel, but our organization recently made a large implementation. There were some issues with our call center—used to be on an Avaya system—so now we're getting a lot of 'it used to work this way' scenarios.

One that has been a huge sticking point, is our call center supervisors. We have 3 supervisors, all with their own 4-digit extension numbers. Previously, they used to be able to login to the queue and have those lines available, but the new system seemingly prevents that.

Is there any way to have a user logged into the ACD queue and have their original phone line displayed as a line while they are logged in? If not, what do other sites do for supervisors with static extensions?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I sound like a newbie  :)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD Agents - Supervisors wanting Multicall Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
ThurstonH,
I'm not sure I follow what your asking for. When any ACD agent is logged in, their Prime extension is still available to be called. It would just show as busy while they are on a call (either ACD or non-ACD).

An ACD agent can't have a multicall of their Prime DN because then the system would attempt to deliver them two ACD calls. 1 call on the first line of their prime, and another on the second line of their prime.

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Previously, our CS Manager had a desk extension of 4199. She had 3 available lines and could be logged into the queue taking calls on one of those lines. With how our system was set-up (done by vendor) the manager now has a hot-desk agent ID (2210) that she must login with to take calls. When logged in, she would still like a method of seeing if calls are coming in on the 4199 line, which she still has as her desk line.

My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that once logged in, she cannot see any other lines as she is technically 'busy' in the queue, even if there aren't any calls coming in. So I'm looking for ways for her to have multiple lines of her 4199 so people can get in touch with her if she's in the queue.

Hopefully I'm making some sense here!    :-\

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Ok, so then it sounds like your using "Hot-Desk" ACD instead of the licensed ACD2000.

In that case, I would think that you could add multicalls of 4199 to the hotdesk extension 2210's buttons. The supervisor would never get ACD calls on the 4199, but could get regular calls.

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 12:07:25 PM »
Just tried, but when I try to add the Keys to the ACD ID, I get the following error:

"ACDII set cannot be programmed as a line appearance."

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »
"ACDII set cannot be programmed as a line appearance."

Yep.  That sucks.

A long time ago I created a document on how to deal with this.
Unfortunately I no longer have the doc.
But here's a brief how to:
1) the user's prime line is their published number.  You'll have to move that.
2) renumber the phone to a non-did
3) add the DID back to the phone as a button.
4) add a msg wtg key for the DID - the large red lamp won't work this way.

Now you can add the DID line to any phone including ACD hotdesk.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10