Author Topic: 802.1x usernames  (Read 1819 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
802.1x usernames
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:58 PM »
Hello,

I've implemented this sometime back and have experienced the following.
On HP or Cisco switches if I do any maintenance where I turn off port authentication and turn it back on some of the phones try to authenticate to my ACS box with usernames that I have not programmed into the phone.

The setup we choose to use is create a username and pw for each location and manually enter those into the phones because folks move around within sites vs locking them down via MAC address. I've brought Mitel in on this and they claim they have done extensive testing and couldn't duplicate the issue. Those usernames are getting generated somehow and thought maybe somebody else has had this issue. The usernames are jibberish like "...WMT" the . is included

Thanks,

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: 802.1x usernames
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »
What is the config on the switch ports? Are they different when the phones don't authenticate vs when they do?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: 802.1x usernames
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »
No, all the switch ports are setup the same. There's no error logs on the switch ports either the only thing with error messges is the ACS box saying this device is being denied because it's trying to use this username which is invalid.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10