Author Topic: Flashing Voicemail Message Envelope Light on MITEL 5312 Phone MITEL 3300 System  (Read 17835 times)

Offline dyls

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi.

We have several users in the company now with this issue and its driving me crazy not being able to find the answer. I have check many solutions suggested by MITEL forums and the like but really just need someone to say, this is the code you punch in and it will deactivate the light.

Basically the Orange light is lit even though there is no message, when you press the envelope symbol on the phone it just comes up "No Messages" the user does not have a voice mail box. Any help on this would be MASSIVELY appreciated. So i believe it stems from someone leaving a call back or something, and you need to cancel the callback. I have tried the Feature Access Code for this which I believe is *32 by default on this system. I have also tried *34 which is Message Waiting Inquire both options come up with "NOT ALLOWED" Thank you in advance for help. :D

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Its most likely a callback

Pick up the handset or press the speaker button then hit the message button

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile

Offline dyls

• Contributer
    • View Profile
If I "Pick up the handset or press the speaker button then hit the message button" it Displays "NO MESSAGES"

Tried all the solutions on that page Ralph. The first part of the resolution is not accurate because when you hit the button it simply says "NO MESSAGES" there is no "Read Messages" button or "Call Back" button. The second part is too technical for me to understand I don't really understand hunt groups.

Thanks for the replies though,  :)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
If I'm not off track, the code you asked about is in Feature Access Codes. Message Waiting - Deactivate.  You can also Activate the light on if you like to watch it flash or just to test if its working.

On my system its #90 to deactivate,  so at the station, leave handset on hook, I punch in  #90 6123 (ext number)  .   MW Light will go out.

I've had this on a couple systems I've worked on.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
On my system its #90 to deactivate,  so at the station, leave handset on hook, I punch in  #90 6123 (ext number)

You'd find the feature codes (FAC) in the Feature Access Codes form.  You may have a different code.

When I do as SUSD suggest, I usually go off hook on my prime line, light the light via the code, hang up and then turn off the light via the code.

Ralph

Offline dyls

• Contributer
    • View Profile
HI Chaps thank you very much for you all your responses. Helped in getting me to final solution so very pleased.  ;D So I have fixed this now. Fantastic so pleased. Here is the detail for future users who stumbled across this post.

On my MITEL system I went to SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION TOOL -> SYSTEM PROPERTIES -> SYSTEM FEATURE SETTINGS -> FEATURE ACCESS CODES  8)

Turns out ours are way different than the default which is where I was hitting problems. On our system it was *91 Extension Number to Message Waiting - Deactivate. You can punch this in from any handset to which is great, I contacted the user and the light was off ! Hoorah, what great start to the week. Thanks again for all your input!  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10