Author Topic: Enable call Forwarding tricks  (Read 5113 times)

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
Enable call Forwarding tricks
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
Thank you very much everyone for all the threads on call forwarding,  they have been very education reads.

Note: Button sequences are styled in a courier font face.  Button sequences contain spaces for clarity but are not used in actual programming.

My next query is about how to enable call forwarding.   Our Feature access code for Call Forwarding - Follow Me - Third Party is 69Cancel Call Forwarding Follow Me - Third Party is code *69.

Right now when we leave for the day someone forwards the Key line by dialing 69 3999 9 NXXxxxx.

It works, but it's clunky and doesn't scale very well.  It is a long sequence to remember.  I have successfully added speed calls for each Cell number.  This way does save some of the key sequence.
Examples:
  • Speed Call #888 -> 9NXXxxx1.
  • Speed Call #889 -> 9NXXxxx2.
  • Speed Call 8080 -> *69 3999.

So now the tech can dial 69 3999 #888, and the calls successfully forward to their cell phone.  Once the tech no longer wishes to receive the helpline calls on their mobile phone they can dial into DID 212-555-8080.  It is also a little kludge-y, and while is does disable call forwarding for helpline, caller is presented the verbal error, "You have reached a nonworking number".  However, that ambiguity can be mitigated by having the tech make that call while in the office, ensure that it disables to the CFWD. Then save the number to their phonebook.

I enabled the system option Call Forwarding Always - Line Status Indicator ON.   This turns the Key Line button Red when call forwarding is enabled.

My current workflow for a new HelpTech.
  • button Number 3 -> Key System Line for Button DN 3999 Set to Ring
  • button Number 5 -> Message Waiting Indicator for Button DN 3999.
  • button Number 4 -> is CDE Speed call to 8080, turns off CFWD on 3999
  • Add the tech's mobile number as a System Speed Call of #8XX -> 9NXXxxxX

Goals:
  • Enable Call forwarding to the tech's mobile with single phone button
  • Minimal changes to programming when Adding new Helpdesk mobile phones.
  • Provide the tech with a DID that can enable call forwarding of the helpline from outside of office.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:52:59 PM by thesavo »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enable call Forwarding tricks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
I think looping an ons port to a LS trunk and using ars would be the way to go. Then you could put it as a speed dial.

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
Enable call Forwarding tricks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:43 PM »
I keep trying to make this an EHDU call flow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »
External Hotdesk User? I would like to eliminate the need to tech's login to the phone everyday.  Only on days where the previous day was the call sent to a mobile.

I think looping an ons port to a LS trunk and using ars would be the way to go. Then you could put it as a speed dial.

Howso?  Forward to an ONS extension that routes to the external Number?  Would this "cost" and ONS port for each cell number we add?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
No you would use the ons port to do the third party forward

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
External Hotdesk User? I would like to eliminate the need to tech's login to the phone everyday.  Only on days where the previous day was the call sent to a mobile.
Yes, External Hot Desk User.  Of course it depends on the head count in the group you're talking about.  They could manage it with a presence button their phone, ESM (locked down accordingly) or even DISA as a last resort because it's unfriendly.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
I'm a big fan of the EHDU solution myself.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10