Author Topic: Sx200 ICP Calling party name  (Read 2277 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
Sx200 ICP Calling party name
« on: April 16, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
Is the SX 200 ICP capable of sending calling party name? If so, what is required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Sx200 ICP Calling party name
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
It is only capable of sending name information in a networking situation such as QSIG, it cannot send name information on a telco PRI connection, number only. Most telcos can add a "name" in conjunction with a number by them filing it for the customer with the Intrado (or whoever their CID provider is), some times this is free, sometimes it has costs associated with it, all depends on the carrier and the customers relationship with the carrier.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:28:22 PM by acejavelin »

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
Re: Sx200 ICP Calling party name
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
are you sure?

I would refer you to this post: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,3414.msg13945.html#msg13945

I know that the carrier supports it, but it isn't working from the system. I actually saw a similar port on the MOL forums where is was on and they wanted to turn it off. It also doesn't show up in a L1L2 trace so I dont know if I am missing something or what.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Sx200 ICP Calling party name
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
are you sure?

I would refer you to this post: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,3414.msg13945.html#msg13945

I know that the carrier supports it, but it isn't working from the system. I actually saw a similar port on the MOL forums where is was on and they wanted to turn it off. It also doesn't show up in a L1L2 trace so I dont know if I am missing something or what.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so... The link you posted is to a post where I said almost the same thing a while ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10