Author Topic: No answer timer for multicall  (Read 6091 times)

Offline matthew

• View Profile
No answer timer for multicall
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
Incoming calls hit an ACD group that plays a RAD then interflows to a multicall number that is supervised on a few phones. If it isn't answered, using the multicall's call reroute 1st alternative, it goes to voicemail where it hits an AA. The AA gives the option to leave a message, or continue holding (transfers to the multicall again). The call can then cycle around until it's answered, they leave a message, or hang up. This works great.

I'm darned if I can find where I can set the no answer time for how long the multicall rings before hitting the AA on each cycle.   :o

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
Re: No answer timer for multicall
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
Start with the Call Forward No Answer timers on stations and trunks.
That said, it's quite the disservice to have a caller ring, hear the options, and if they elect to remain ringing to then transfer them back out as a new call at the end of the line.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:28 AM »
I've had no luck with the trunk CoS timer. I haven't tried using the station CoS as I didn't think it was ringing a station directly. The multicall buttons span multiple station CoSs. Which is likely to be the "master"?

They aren't going to the tail end of a queue. It rings the same multicall again. The time before returning to the AA is a bit short, which would indeed cause annoyance, hence my question. We just program things the way customers ask. It's up to them to actually take the call.  ;)

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
No answer timer for multicall
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 01:27:24 AM »
I understand, I was just saying that in some scenarios it could happen where caller A rings the MC keys and rolls to the AA, and while there a second call rings the MC keys.  If the personnel are able to, they could answer the second call prior to the first caller returning from the AA for round two.  Total side issue, I know.

In general the COS involved in a call with the shortest CFNA timer wins.  I don't think there is a 'master' DN.  What version is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:27:39 AM »
It's all good. :)

This is 4.1 SP1. I'll have a look at the station CoSs. The worst that can happen is DID calls take a bit longer to get to individual voicemail boxes for these guys, I guess. Thanks for the pointers.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
Matthew,
Why wouldn't you use the "ACD Path Interflow Dialing Lists" for this?
That way your callers wouldn't loose their place in queue.

The message could say: "Press 1 to leave a message or hold"
If the user presses 1 it would route to a phantom extension that routes the call to a VM box.

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 07:27:19 PM »
Matthew,
Why wouldn't you use the "ACD Path Interflow Dialing Lists" for this?
That way your callers wouldn't loose their place in queue.

The problem with this would be that only one phone would be presented with the call if using Agent Groups.
I have used dialing lists to play the greeting and then interflow to a destination but thats all the ACD Path was used for.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »
I did think about that, ralph. Unfortunately, it's hard enough to get the staff to answer calls already without adding the need to log in and run a queue as well. There's very few staff that sit at a desk the whole time, so they just want calls to ring with the option to leave a message every so often. Every phone (20-ish) has the multicall key with various amounts of ring, delay ring, no ring. There's different CoSs to control different timers of the delay ring. Anyway, that's why I want to extend the delay until the AA, so there's more chance the caller will be answered before getting there.  :)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »
Matthew,

2 things to try.
1. Change the COS for the first DN that the Multicall is programmed on, I believe it will take its COS.
2. Create a Hunt Group instead with the Multicall as a member. Assign a COS to the Hunt Group with the appropriate timers and set Call Reroute 1st Alt of the Hunt Group to the VM AA. You may need to change mailboxes though to integrate properly.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
This is much easier to handle if you delete all the multicall appearances, then make a "phantom" IP phone with the multicall number as it's prime DN, then reprogram the multicall appearances. Changes to the phantom's COS will effect all multicall appearances.

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »
Hi all,

sorry to dig up an old thread. I have just had a similar change required with regards to a Multicall CFNA timer.

I originally believed the same as Sarond's COS of first programmed set suggestion, but can't remember any instance where i have successfully got it working. But 127.0.0.1's shortest CFNA wins sort of rings true on my end as well (no pun intended).  However, i am progressing down the dummy IP phone route on this occasion for ease of COS assignment.

just my two penneth.

Cheers 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10