Author Topic: Error Reporting  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
Error Reporting
« on: April 11, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for an easy way for an application to retrieve error messages from my 5000 CP (SSH, webpage with simple auth, etc.). I've scoured the internet but I haven't really found anything remotely related to this.
Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Error Reporting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:12:23 PM »
Sputnik,

There is not a 3rd party application that you can use to do this, but you can download and view logs through the system webpage or you can use the System Administration and Diagnostics program as well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
What about using Diagnostics Monitor?  It makes a socket connection to the switch and can log the output.  You could parse the logged output for "interesting" events.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:19:47 AM »

I do not think Sputnik would have access to that particular program as they are most likely a customer with a system above the 4.0 version. Even if they were not above 4.0 and had it installed on a PC it would use port 4000 which means you could not get into DB programming until it was shut off.

You are most likely a technician which has installed previous versions of the software and still have it installed on your PC. I think the latest version of 6.0 SP1 removes the extraneous applications when it gets installed so you may or may not have it now.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 127.0.0.1

• View Profile
Error Reporting
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
TE,
Well, I don't know Sputnik, but if DiagMon isn't an option then I suppose one could tail a log file via SSH and log it to file.  Way less elegant.  Or, maybe just using SysAdmin&Diag-->System Output-->Live view you could right click, set a string to trigger and have it raise a desktop alert.  Might be sufficient.

BTW--Socket connections to port 4000 require the application send an identifying login sequence.  For example, OAI requires a 0x87 be sent before call processing knows which stream to send back.  SMDR is 0x84.  This is why you can't just telnet to port 4000 and get a data stream.  CP needs to be told what you want. 

It's news to me DiagMon couldn't be connected while in DBP.  I'd bet the farm I've done that a million times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »

You could be right about DiagMon and Database Programming as I have not done anything like that that since the Axxess days and it didn't work then; never tried on the 5000 as I never had a need to.

As for the solution, it seems as though you have a better handle on it than I do and I would be curious as to the final resolution even though I will most likely never need to implement something like that, but you never know.

Sputnik,

Can we assume you are trying to set up some sort of remote notification of severe errors on the system? I have had a couple of our customers write applications in the past using the OAI programming tools to parse the system logs and the OAI stream to alert them to possible issues, but I do not believe Inter-Tel or Mitel ever came out with a new programming tool for the 5000.

Good luck,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
Starting with version 6, you can receive alerts:

This new feature in SysAd adds the ability to program user notification for alarms. Users are created and managed in DB Programming, as is their notification destination (e-mail, text message, etc.). In SysAd the alarms can be enabled or disabled of notification on a per user and individual alarm and/or alarm group basis.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
Sorry for the slow response, I stopped monitoring this thread a while ago. My temporary workaround was a PowerShell script to log in to the webpage and pull the status from the HTML.

DND ON,
That would be the perfect solution but I'm not getting the alerts. I assume this uses the same mail gateway as voicemail, correct?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
If you're already getting vmail to email then the gateway is all set up.  In DB Prog go into your user account, make sure your e-mail is right, then check ADMINISTRATOR-RELATED INFO, be sure everything is YES.
Then back in ADMIN & DIAGNOSTICS screen click the SETUP jellybean top right, choose MANAGE ALARM NOTIFICATIONS and turn on the ones you want to see.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »
Hmm.
I did all that and I'm still not getting any emails.
(I made sure I was connecting to Admin & Diag using my credentials).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10