Author Topic: overriding callers restriction for forwarding  (Read 1655 times)

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
overriding callers restriction for forwarding
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »
Now that I have figured out Class Of Restriction (thanks to everyone who helped with that) I have a new but related problem. Most extensions are now restricted to in-house calls only, but we have one after-hours and emergency number that is forwarded to a volunteer after hours. We do this by transferring the emergency number to the volunteer's phone. The emergency phone has outside calling, but the in-house extensions that will be calling it do not. I would like to transfer emergency calls to cell phone numbers, but it turns out that the call restrictions are those of the caller's station, not the station that is transferring the call, so trying to transfer the emergency phone to an outside number won't work. Is there any way around this problem short of a clumsy 2-line answering machine with forwarding?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: overriding callers restriction for forwarding
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
What happens if you the destination phone as a speed call that is set to override toll control?
How many numbers are involved with the volunteers and are they always the same numbers or could they be anything?

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
The originating station will be any three-digit number, but the forwarding phone (the emergency phone, the extension dialed by the originator) will always be the same phone. The destination could be any number. Does a speed call number have a separate COS of its own? Maybe I could set up a speed dial feature to call the emergency phone if the speed call number can be given authorization on its own for outside line access. I hadn't thought of that.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »
A speed call can be set to override toll restriction.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10