Author Topic: Call me back Question  (Read 2585 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call me back Question
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »
Hello,

I have a user having an issue I haven't seen before. His LED is flashing and he hits the button and it takes him to a page with options. I asked him about those options and after looking at my phone I found them under the superkey and voicemail. I looked at his features and it shows there's one call me back. Typically I walk the user through hitting the mail icon then reading the message to show who called then they can delete the MSG so the light stops blinking. I have never seen someone press the mail icon and get taken right to this other screen which sits inside the superkey. My question is there away to delete a call me back off someones phone from withinside the system or some other way to correct this?

Thanks,

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Call me back Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
There should be an option in the upper display to delete message. Worst case, the user would have to call the other user back via the key, the person (or someone) would have to answer, then the light will go out. Thanks.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
Yes, I agree this is what's normally there but when he pushes the button it doesn't take him to the typical place for some reason so he doesn't have the option to delete message or call the other person back.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
If you do a "locate feature <DN>" on the prime DN for the set, does it say there's a Callback Message Waiting or Dialed Message Waiting?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »
here's part of the output but it doesn't matter anymore as when I checked his line it no longer was active. I asked the user if his light was still blinking and he said no and thought I fixed it. I guess it will remain a mystery.

Message Waiting Lamp On                                                         
Callback Messages : 1   

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:57 PM »
I should of noted as well since I'm not onsite I did look at his voicemail box to make sure there wasn't any messages but he had zero messages under his mailbox.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »
Change the users COS to be able to delete message waiting.
Then you'll have an option to delete the message.

Normally I would see in the menu a call back message and when you press the associated soft key it would show you who light the light.
Calling that person and having them answer turns it off.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
Forgot there was a COS option to allow/disallow deletion.

There's a timer in System Options to set how long until a callback message expires and is extinguished by the system. Are they using embedded VM? I've seen DN's assigned as the extension of a mailbox that normally isn't supposed to take messages have issues when somehow callers are dropped into that MB to leave a message.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10