Author Topic: IP phones lose voice path every 2 days  (Read 1861 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
IP phones lose voice path every 2 days
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »
 Have a customer with an SX-200ICP CX controller. There are several IP phones, an IP console, lots of analog and a PRI. For the last few weeks, every couple days the IP phones and the console have stopped having voice path. That is, they appear to be working, but when they try to answer or make  a trunk call or an internal call to/from another IP phone, they just hear busy tone. A system restart fixes it, but it returns several days later.

This controller may have been damaged in a flood about a year ago, but has been fine up until now. Not sure if that would have anything to do with this issue.

Anyone ever seen this before???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: IP phones lose voice path every 2 days
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »
I had a 3300CX ICP do this exact same thing once... after several weeks of trial and error and working with tech support, we determined that we had a bad DSP module. No logs or other indications that it was the issue, just a hunch by a tech support person, and we had a few DSP cards on the shelf so we replaced it, the issue hasn't recurred in over a year.

Might be the same thing, might not be... just passing on the first thing that came to mind.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
Re: IP phones lose voice path every 2 days
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
DSP is the only thing makes sense!
The busy signal is an indication that there is no resource to process a call.
Most likely it has a flow that locks them up one after another, till finally there is nothing left.

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
IP phones lose voice path every 2 days
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
How could I trace that? Nothing has changed in programming for a long time but this just started a few weeks ago. My thought was that it was the DSP, but I was thinking a hardware issue rather than software. It is a CX so we were going to replace the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10