Author Topic: No Outbound on PRI  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
No Outbound on PRI
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:57 PM »
First let me say I have a strong feeling this is a carrier issue but want to make sure I am check everything within my control.

This is a new installation, 5000 with 13 channel PRI, and MAS (UCA & NuPoint)

On Wednesday we installed the system and tested the PRI using the test DID the carrier setup for us.
 - Inbound worked
 - outbound worked

On Thursday we added the MAS portion of the install and tests the voicemail and UCA clienb
 - Inbound worked
 - Outbound worked
 - UCA worked
 - Nupoint worked

On Friday (Cutover day)... called the carrier and had them port the numbers over
 - inbound works
 - outbound does NOT work, phones get a fast busy tone.

Carrier is saying everything on their end is fine and hasn't change since our testing on Thursday so it must be an issue with the 5000.  To be save I opened a ticket with Mitel and after confirming the programming is correct we took a look at the system output

Mitel is saying the carrier is sending a disconnect to the system:
ISDN Cause Code No. 90 - non-existent CUG.
This cause indicates that the specified CUG does not exist.

The carrier is going to have someone out to check the PRI Monday morning, untill it is resolved the customer can't make outbound calls and I am wondering if there is anything else I can try over the weekend in attempt to fix things AND to rule out any possibility the cause is on my end. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No Outbound on PRI
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
Have you programmed the temp' number into the trunk group as your caller ID? (Or against one of the phones?)

Could the telco be seeing this temp number which no longer exists on the circuit and binning the call?

If we did that in the UK it would ignore the number you are trying to send and just send the base DDI though.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »
All of the phones were supposed to show the main number outbound so I didnt make any changes to this in the programming.  When I was doing the testing the outbound caller ID did show the test number and not their main number.

To be save I change the system so it was pushing the caller ID and tried the Main number, Test Number and a couple of the department number with no change.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »
OK, definitely sounds like a carrier issue... Seems odd you can't over-ride the outbound caller ID on a PRI, that is normally a integrated capability in PRI (at least in the US, I can't speak for other regions).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10