Author Topic: Display Caller ID on Transfers  (Read 6717 times)

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Display Caller ID on Transfers
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »
Hi Mitel Community :]

New Mitel tech here, with a tricky issue I can't seem to figure out.

Here is an example of the issue:

-A call comes in to the front desk, the receptionist(Jane) greets the caller the transfers the caller to Kathy.

-When Kathy's phone begins to ring, it displays Jane's caller ID even though Jane is blind transferring the outside caller to Kathy

**What I want is for Kathy to see the outside caller's ID so she is aware she is going to be speaking with a client, not another employee

What I have done so far is manipulated the COS settings for the IP Phones and Trunks.  I've set display held caller ID on xfer to YES for both, and set display ANI only to NO for both.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Display Caller ID on Transfers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
Does the incoming caller ID display correctly after the transfer is completed? Assuming yes, I think the COS options you listed would be correct. I'm doing the same thing on an MCD 4.0 system and the only COS option starting with "Display" that's even enabled for me is "Display Held Caller ID on Transfer", so maybe there's another COS setting still getting in the way.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
Try this under ISDN Protocol:

Replace External CLID
 True or False. Checked box indicates True. When checked, any inbound PRI call that is call forwarded to an external destination over PRI will use the forwarded station's number not the calling party's number for CPN substitution or the default CPN if it not in the CPN substitution form.
 False

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
Thanks for the help guys,  The ISDN Replace External CLID parameter was already set to false... I ended up just copying the COS setting we use here in our office to their phones, digital trunks, and ACD COS.  Problem solved!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »
Try this under ISDN Protocol:

Replace External CLID
 True or False. Checked box indicates True. When checked, any inbound PRI call that is call forwarded to an external destination over PRI will use the forwarded station's number not the calling party's number for CPN substitution or the default CPN if it not in the CPN substitution form.
 False

Be careful with this one. First you will take the circuit down when you apply this change. Second, not all providers allow this and will reject the calls that attempt this.

Plus, it won't fix the internal display when you are transferring. Lundah's suggestion should fix that for you.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »
Thanks, Matt. I sometimes forget the ones that bounce the PLID's. Much appreciated.

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
Thanks again for the assistance.  This community seems to be a great resource.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10