Author Topic: MBG SIP Test bad address in to header  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
MBG SIP Test bad address in to header
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
Hello

I have a SIP trunk connected to a client edge router and next to sip proxy/MBG to 3300 pabx
I'v configured pabx and MBG as needed with given info from sip provider

when I try to go to MBG diagnostics menu to test ICPs it will pass successfully but when I go to sip test it will give me  "bad address in to header"

I tried to connect directly from the client edge router to my laptop and used X-Lite and configured it and I was able to make calls
after that I've connect to MBG and I've fetched the packet sent between SIP and MBG and it gave me "too many hops"

any advice where to go and where to test, also I'd  to monitor packets between MBG and Client edge router and to see what is going between them please advice me how to do that

Regards

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: MBG SIP Test bad address in to header
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »
I don't know if the "Forward Hops" in System Options has any basis on this, but you could increase this number and test. Thanks.

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
thanks for your reply but what about thet bad header message?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 07:59:10 AM »
I think the bad address in header will be an option in the SIP peer profile on the 3300. There are header options in there that need to be set correctly for your SIP provider.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:02:04 AM »
Thanks, X. I don't know if I'm on the right track with the hops. What's your take?

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »
Do you have anything modifying SIP messages in the path? Other than MBG, that is.

"Client edge router" sounds suspicious...

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »
I have only a cisco router,mbg and pabx
client edge router is cisco router, SP connected SIP link to it and from there we connected to mbg

regarding to hops we talked to SIP provider they told us they set the following option to zero
Max-Forwards: 0

and told us 'once your proxy receive the message and check the max-forward message it will elicit a "483 Too many hops" response and send it to us. This transaction is a mere keep-alive signaling where whatever response from the peer is sufficient to indicate that it is UP.'

also the strange thing when we press RUN on the MBG diagnostics for SIP and it gave us "bad address To header" our SIP provider received the following request 
25001@94.77.248.70 I tried a lot to find where did the 25001 come form !!
the following screenshot is from our sip provider

sorry I gave you at once all I am facing but I am trying to figure it out with your support guys :)
thanks in advanced for all who will help me with this
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:21:29 AM by Fouadae »

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:22:39 PM »
I've tried to increase the forward hops in system options and it didn't change anything unfortunately 

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 03:53:16 AM »
I have our SP router in the server room and it is connected to MBG and MBG connected to PABX

MBG is installed native/standalone on a desktop server has 2 lan ports one connected to SP router and the other connected to PABX
the one connected to pabx has ip 10.10.1.20 and the other one is connected to SP router with ip 10.31.1.20

a friend told me "theres your problem I think one of those ports should have a routable external ip on it and be connected to the external network without going through the routers firwall. There is no route back to the network in the config you have at present. If you want to use it like that you need to use server only mode and one network card with an internal address  and open up all the ports that are needed on the firewall of the router (I am assuming that the router runs the firwall for your network)

As it stand s it wont work because the SP cannot route signalling back to you properly."

if someone can explain to me his answer

Regards

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 08:19:26 AM »
Your friend is right. You appear to be running MBG in "server-gateway" mode without a public address on the WAN side.. which isn't going to work, that's the ip address MBG is telling everyone on the internet how to "reach me".

Use a supported network configuration, S-G, with a proper internet connection. Or DMZ mode in a proper 3-port DMZ.

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 08:28:15 AM »
thanks for your reply
could you give me an example how to do it ?
with some steps maybe ?

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
it's a little complicated without knowing specifics. This is all described in the documentation and covered in the training. I'm going to assume you didn't take the training  8)

For S-G, MBG with two nic's, you could replace your current internet f/w (the SP router?) with MBG itself. It does NAT and routing and was originally designed to be a small office internet gateway. Configure the MBG with the same LAN and WAN ip addresses as the existing f/w when you replace it.

Alternatively, you can put the MBG "astride" the current f/w. In that setup, you'll need to get a second static IP address from your ISP if you haven't one already. MBG will have a direct internet connection (along with your f/w, usually a switch sits in front of both so they can share the same drop from your ISP). And MBG will also have a connection to the LAN (with some address, not the one the f/w uses). That configuration is used quite often.

The third configuration requires you to configure your existing firewall with a DMZ, but IT HAS TO HAVE 3 ports... You cannot do this with a 2 port f/w, one-way audio will result.. Again, you'll need a second static IP for MBG, which you'll have a rule in the f/w to forward to MBG in the DMZ.

If the above statements aren't clear to you, then you need to get some IT help.

Offline Fouadae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
thanks for your reply
I've attached a diagram I've made for the network it may help
please check

Regards

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »
You could try this, it might work.

change your network profile (MBG.configuration.network profiles) to "custom" and set the "rtp set-side override adddress" to your public address, 94.77.237.142.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10