Author Topic: Multi Line appearance and Transfer to Vmail  (Read 1996 times)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
Multi Line appearance and Transfer to Vmail
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »
3300 MXe 2-Clustered Rel 4.2 / 10.2.0.26_2  EMB-VM 6-SX200 10-ASU

So, I have Staff 1, who wants to answer Staff 2 or Staff 3 phone if they are out of the office and she is not too busy.

So I figured a DSS or Multiline appearances on Staff 1 phone so she can answer their phones. That works fine.

But, if she can't help the person, we want to transfer the call direct to that persons voicemail, not have it re-ring the phone.

I'm doing Transfer, VM Ext, it asks for the mailbox number, I dial any number, but its ignoring me, its not calling the extension, the voicemail keeps asking me for the ext #.

Any ideas on maybe a COS issue or some better way to do what we're trying to accomplish ?

Thanks for any help!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Line appearance and Transfer to Vmail
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
I think you can set up some phantom extens that are forwarded to VM always that are "*<extn>".
But are you sure it's a "#" you want to dial instead of an "*"?

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »
The way I do a transfer to VM key is a user speed call, private, with:

VM pilot, #, P (pause)

The usage is:

Answer the call. You will say something like: "Would you like to be transfered to his/her voicemail?"

Then you press transfer, the speedcall you made, now very important, wait until you hear the VM answer, then the person's extension, hang up.

Try it and let me know how it goes.

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:47:01 PM »
My apologies Ralph. I wrote "Ext #" and meant "Ext number" -  not the "# key" (or number sign)

jrg - I do have this working now, but using (VM Pilot, Pause , # )   Thanks !

The issue I was having to begin with, seems to be a bad circuit. SX-200 card / SS4025,  I changed my test phone to a new circuit and all is ok.

To elaborate on it, I enabled voicemail for the phone and when I dialed the VM Pilot to set up the new VMbox, at enter passcode, it would not accept it my passcode, it just ignored me and asked for the passcode again and then finally gave the Thanks for calling, Goodbye.  On my Transfer I was testing, Once I hit the VM Pilot, it just ignored my "#key" and transfer extension. Very odd, I could do all other dialing with the phone, but everything in voicemail was ignored.

I'm not sure if I pull the card and reseat it or replace it one day will resolve this.

Thanks very much for the responses.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »
You could upgrade to MCD 6 and use the transfer to VM option. Then you would just press the envelope button and the person's DSS button and you are done.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10