Author Topic: Insufficient bandwidth at the phone - not server  (Read 38982 times)

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Insufficient bandwidth at the phone - not server
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »
If anyone is still following this post, my current situation is this; MITEL has been engaged as well as the telco SIP carrier. The carrier has shown no drops and since the user is receiving a fast busy, they have said there is no way for them to provide a busy signal during a call. They are on standby if needed. MITEL has reviewed my logs and freezes and have now sent them to engineering for further review. I have not heard back from them in over a week. Apparently they are perplexed as well. As I find out more information and/or resolution I will post. :D

The odd part of the whole issue is that the problem did not exist for the previous 8 months we had the 5000. Only changes to the system were the addition of a SIP trunk and an MBG for UCA/MiNet support (not SIP trunking - SIP is direct).

Thanks for everyone's support. Stay tuned.
 :D

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
Any updates on this? Mine just randomly started doing it last week. Nothing has changed in our setup either. Some days I get 5-10 others it's 1-2 every few minuets. All remote phones.

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
Unfortunately no. Mitel, as well as HP and Windstream had no answer. However, I have an idea, but I have to talk with my vendor first. The only things that changed when this started was in the adding of the SIP trunks and an MBG. The MBG actually does not filter the SIP trunk due to the Windstream configuration. So we use the MBG for simply doing MiNet and SIP phones (UCA app).

The default route of the Mitel 5000 had to be changed to point to the Windstream router to allow calls to be forwarded to Windstream. So now our default route, which was our HP stack becomes a secondary route on the Windstream router. So, I am guessing that the DHCP on the Mitel 5000 has also changed the default route from the HP stack to the Windstream router. So when a phone call is initiated, it has to bounce off the Windstream router before getting back to the Mitel switch. In reality, this should not be an issue, but as for what I am seeing, the insufficient bandwidth mostly appears (I say mostly since I have no hard facts to say all) when a phone is using a SIP trunk (i.e. inbound/outbound call). I can make a "internal" call to our plant 3000- miles away and talk for 30 minutes and never get a insufficient bandwidth message. If they receive an inbound call, they may get it in a a minute or so.

This leads me to still center my attention to the network configuration of the Windstream router and the Mitel switch. However, I do not know how to reprogram the phones to point to the internal HP stack as the default route. (the phones do not need to the Windstream router to be their default route)

Option 6 in the IP Settings >DHCP Server Settings > Options is Option ID 3 (router default gateway) but my configuration reads as follows:
Scope = IP Address Range and points to IP Settings >DHCP Server Settings > IP Address Ranges > 1
Format = Mitel Automatic (can I change this to IP address??? and force the local stack...)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
Heritagerider02,

Most likely the phones are going back to the 5000 and then out to the trunking. You could check and see if Peer-2-Peer is set up in its Network Group if those trunks are SIP that is.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »
Follow up - I believe the problem to be solved. Turns out that it may have been a setting in the switches as it pertains to spanning tree. Ultimately I made a lot of changes. Found some incorrect configurations on some ports. I modified and tweaked everything until it was how it should look. I was still getting random "INSUFFICIENT BANDWIDTH" messages. Then I came along a document, simply but enlightening.

In case I had not mentioned earlier, I am using HP A5120's setup in a stack of four.

HP A-Series Switches - How to Troubleshoot Spanning-Tree Problems
1=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03661144-2%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1415983014553.876444892.492883150" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce0 1=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03661144-2%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1415983014553.876444892.492883150

Using the "display stp tc", "display stp brief" and the "display stp root" commands, I realized my stack was not defined as the root. It was changing to other ports connected to other remote switches and Wi-Fi access points.

Ultimately, I added the following command:

stp instance 0 priority 0

And I am now (for the most part) free of the "INSUFFICIENT BANDWIDTH" issue. I do get a message every once in a while from my remote phones, but they are 3000 to 5000 miles away and I can live with a few random bandwidth issues.

So, I guess we can now mark this as solved. Thanks for everyone's input on this subject.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10