Author Topic: How to REMOVE the Auto Attendant Options?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to REMOVE the Auto Attendant Options?
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
After spending ages sorting out an Auto Attendant setup for my work, they now say they don't want it, and want it to go to a Pickup Group instead :-(

Therefore, in the simplest steps going, please would someone guide me on how to bypass or stop the Auto Attendant from kicking in when the main line is dialled, and instead go to the Pickup Group?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to REMOVE the Auto Attendant Options?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »
It depends on your trunks. Do you have a PRI, SIP or LS trunks?

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:05:59 AM »
I guess PRI, as when I go to the System Configuration menu, under Digital Trunks is says ISDN-PRI and then the options underneath it.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge, my username says it all  ;D

Any further assistance to stop the Auto Attendant from kicking in would be most appreciated.  8)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »
First you need to locate where the DID is programmed. It could be many different things, but I would start with system speed calls. What you are looking for is a number that matches the last four digits (most likely) of the number in question. It should have a destination of the pilot number of your VM. You would want to delete that and build either a ring group, hunt group or mutliline appearance for it. This depends on how you want it to act.

If you don't see the number there run the maintenance command "Locate number (DN)" and tell us what it says.

Hopefully this helps.

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
OK, I think this is it.....when I go to the Multi-Level Auto Attendant Configuration page, it shows the Mailbox number and the Extension Number as 9253 (the last numbers in our phone number, as predicted by Mattmayn!). The Operator Extension (and the Option for, Press 1 on the AA) is 5049 which is the Pickup Group I want the main line to go to, instead of the Auto Attendant.

So if I have understood this correctly (and please feel free to correct!) the Auto Attendant is just a glorified Voicemail box which automatically kicks in when the main line is called. And all I need to do is change it so instead of 9253 going to the voicemail box, it instead forwards to the 5049 Pickup Group? That right? If so, how do I change it?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.  :)

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »
OK, I think this is it.....when I go to the Multi-Level Auto Attendant Configuration page, it shows the Mailbox number and the Extension Number as 9253 (the last numbers in our phone number, as predicted by Mattmayn!). The Operator Extension (and the Option for, Press 1 on the AA) is 5049 which is the Pickup Group I want the main line to go to, instead of the Auto Attendant.

So if I have understood this correctly (and please feel free to correct!) the Auto Attendant is just a glorified Voicemail box which automatically kicks in when the main line is called. And all I need to do is change it so instead of 9253 going to the voicemail box, it instead forwards to the 5049 Pickup Group? That right? If so, how do I change it?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.  :)

Just to add to this, when I go into Voice Mail > Voice Mailbox Configuration I can see the Mailbox number for the main telephone number in the list and I notice it says Menu Node under Mailbox Type. I assume it is here I change it to either Extension or Transfer Only? Am I getting warmer.....?  :D

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
9253 is programmed somewhere else on the system, you need to find that and delete it. Then you need to make a system speedcall that points 9253 to 5049. When you do this all of the calls to 9253 will go directly to 5049. I hope that is what you are looking for.

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23:50 AM »
To be very basic, in system speed calls you will probably find the last 4 or so digits of your main number appear and are pointed to voice mail, just change it so it goes to the pickup group instead, hope this helps.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10