Author Topic: Voicemail Groups????  (Read 2194 times)

Offline ismgr

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail Groups????
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
We just recently upgraded to a Mitel 3300 with MAS. Our vendor created voicemail groups like we had on our previous Inter-Tel Axxess system. When you leave a message to a group everyone in the group receives the message. We have a group for everyone and then groups for specific departments. We cannot figure out where the groups are in the admin programs, not sure if in 3300 or MAS. Also cannot figure out how to access them on our 5330 phones. In our Inter-Tel system you just went into your voicemail and dialed the number of the group you were in to leave a message. When we do that on the 3300 we get invalid extension. I know they are there because tech demonstrated them when system was first installed.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Groups????
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »
Do you know if you are using the embedded VM or Nupoint?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:18 AM »
Look 1st in the 3300.   Check the form "Hunt Groups".
I'm pretty sure that won't answer all of your questions but it will get you started in the right direction.

Ralph

Offline ismgr

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »
I see multi device groups, page groups, ring groups, but no hunt groups. I believe they call them distribution lists on the 3300 system. In our old Axxess they were called groups. That is why I tend to call them groups. I have went into 8 options on the phone and pressed 5 but cannot locate any of our groups. I know when the tech was here he went in and was able to press 2180 which is all employees and it was there. I must be doing something wrong.

We are using Nupoint which is in MAS.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
Walk us through the exact steps you're using here:
Do you just pick up the handset, hear dial tone and then dial 2180 or is there more to that such as dialing into VM 1st.

Ralph

Offline ismgr

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
According to the manual you should be able to access voicemail, and dial 2180 and leave a VM, and everyone receives it in the VM box. This is the way it worked on the old Inter-Tel system. If I go into VM, press 6 and enter 2180 I get not a valid mailbox. If I try to enter it as a direct number I get invalid on the phone screen. If I go into VM and press 8 and then 5, it only lets me enter 3 digits for a list.

Offline ismgr

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to add extensions to distribution list
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
We figured this out. They did not use our old four digits numbers for the distribution lists. Apparently on the 3300 you have to use 3 digit numbers starting with zero. So they are 001, 002, etc. I have discovered no extensions have been added to these lists, and the only way I can figure to add one is go into VM and go to 8 and then 5 and 2 and add one at a time. Is there anyway to do this through the admin program?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:12 AM »
Go to system admin, click on alphabetical and scroll down to VM Distribution Lists.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10