Author Topic: Message Waiting Indicator lit from HCI Reroute HG without a message.  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OK, I have a MCD Release 6.0 SP2 Software Load 12.0.2.23 on an MXe-III working with a NuPoint 6.0 SP1 Build 16.1.0.13.01 on a MAS.

The problem that shows up daily, according to the customer, is that the Message Waiting Indicator lamps are lighting up and there are no messages. When I came in this morning the person that has this problem the most has the light lit and when I press the key without going off-hook it says it is from the HCI Reroute Hunt Group at exactly 13:00 10-MAR-14. When I go off-hook and press the button to log into the mailbox there are no messages to retrieve and the light goes out.

I remember that there was a Superset Callback Message Cancel Timer that I was told to delete the 24 from during the installation by Mitel; is that part of the problem here or is there something else that could be wrong.

I have attached a document showing the Active Configuration of the NuPoint as well as a CSV of all of the Hunt Groups in the Primary Controller.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Message Waiting Indicator lit from HCI Reroute HG without a message.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »
It sounds like you need to run a resync of the Mwi from the command line. I've had this issue before on a couple of installs.

I'm not in front of my computer at the moment so will dig up the command later this morning.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:09 PM »
Martyn,

Thanks, I will be going out there next week and will give that a try.

Thanks,

TE

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
No worries, here are my notes from last time I did it

Access the Nupoint server via SSH and login as root. (eg.Putty  10.0.11.9  SSH port 22)   U: root  P: <NuPoint PW>

- If the Nupoint console is not displayed, type in the Linux command 'console' and press return.
- Press 's' for system maintenance.
- Press 'r' for Reconfiguration.
- Press 'c' for Suppress/Refresh MWI
- Press 'r' for MWI Refresh Schedule

You can now enter in the schedule details. recommend setting as following schedule to sync the MWI lights on mailboxes 000-9999 every day at 6am:

(T) Time = [06:00AM]
(D) Day = [7]
(F) First Mailbox = [000]
(L) Last Mailbox = [9999]
(M) MWI Type = [All]

- Press 'x' to Exit and save changes.
- Now keep pressing 'x' to exit each menu until you return to the Linux prompt.
Nupoint will now sync the MWI status of all mailboxes each morning to ensure they are in sync.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10