Author Topic: Message waiting lamp not flashing  (Read 3357 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Message waiting lamp not flashing
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:21:35 AM »
Hi Guyz,

For some reason the message waiting light on all users has stopped working. I've checked the COS for users - "Message Waiting:Yes" and "Disable send message: No". The COS is the same for the VM ports. The site uses embedded VM. There is a circular voicemail hunt group which has 2 members. In the call rerouting 1st alternative, we have set the pilot number for this hunt group. Its been working well until recently. Voicemail to email is working well and if you dial the VM number directly, it works. There is just no indication on the phone.
Have already restarted the controller.

MCD6.0 SP2.

Cheers!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Message waiting lamp not flashing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »
How many VM ports are programmed on the system? The system uses the last port for MWI updates so you will need this one programmed as a normal port.

What happens when you try to manually turn on/off the MWI with the FAC?

Also, connect to the RTC shell and run "vmPortStatusInfo" and see what it says.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »
Would have thought a restart would have fixed it. If no one has changed any programming then it should still work. Has anyone added any programming that might be causing a digit confliction?

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
Make sure you have a FAC for MWI. Could be the whole problem.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
I have 6 VM ports programmed on the system. On the "VM Ports" form, the last port (PortID 6) has a prime directory number 594. Now, if you dial 594 directly, you get a RAD greeting. Could this be causing the issue and do I need to change the number to a normal VM directory number?

Another strange thing I noticed is that when I use the "vmPortStatusInfo" command, the first 5 ports are showing "waiting for call" while the 6th one is showing as "blank". What results should I expect from this command?

Turning on/off using the MWI FAC works fine. The system also restarted last night.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
as Mattmayn mentioned the last port needs to be part of the voicemail hunt group and setup as a vm port (not a rad port)

so if you have 6 ports you could have ports 1-4 and 6 and VM and port 5 as a rad (the main requirement is port 6 is a VM port)

if your on a MXe then it might be easier to increase your VM Port Capacity to 10 or 20 (20 is max without additional DSP, CX is less)
this will also give some additional resources for RAD if required in the future.
adding more ports will take a system reboot.

checkout the help in the VM Port Capacity form.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
Changing the last VM Port from a RAD port to a normal VM port fixed this issue. Thanks for your input guys.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10