Author Topic: Call Pickup Button  (Read 4446 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Call Pickup Button
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »
Guys,

Excuse my ignorrance but I come from a Mitel 5000 world and my new job tossed me into a 3000 world and it looks and feels totally different to me.  I was told I would like it better but having a hard time getting around.  Although my primary job is not the phones they are going to rely heavily on me and me on you guys. LOL  Here is the questions...We have a user who acts as the operator and two others that back her up.  The user that acts as the operator has the console software and some funny looking phone with no screen on it.  When that user is gone the other two have now way to really pickup the phone calls without sitting at her desk.  Is there a way to program a button on the other two stations so that they can pickup overflow calls and/or pickup calls when she is out??  Apparently someone told them that there is NO way to do this and I find that hard to believe.  Any question or comments are certainly welcome.  Thanks for a great site!!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Pickup Button
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
I hope you aren't talking about a 3000 and better it is a 3300. If 3300 and a console, calls are usually pointed to a LDN button on the console, these have a day, and both night settings destination value, in the call rerouting forms. The call to most numbers also can ring an alternative destination after a time period.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
Sorry about that!  I did mean 3300.  Se how flustered i am??  The way it is currently setup is that X-1120 (operator) rings then after two or three rings it rolls over to another number.  Is there a way to have the other two phones (non operators) have a button programmed to light up for that number (1120) so that the non operators can pick up a call?  The problem is that there are too many rings are we are afraid that it gets annoying to callers.  The two that are non operators sit right next to the operateor.  They can see she is on the phone and they can pick up the next call.  I was hoping that something different can happen for this.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for the reply!!

Perry

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »
You should be able to create a multicall appearance of the DN on the other phones. That would be the simplest solution.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 01:29:02 PM »
If the operator is using a 5550 Console then there is no way to add buttons on the phones that ring at the same time.
The software doesn't allow you to do that.
You can set the console buttons to forward on a no answer or you can set up the buttons on the phone to automatically forward to the other phones in Night1 or Night 2.   Using Night modes, the operator would put the system in night mode when she leaves and day mode when she returns.

If your operator is not a high traffic position, then you may simply want to replace her PC console with a 5340 phone.  Then you can make the lines appear on the other  phones and it will do what you're asking for.

Ralph

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:03:34 PM »
From what i've seen this operator is high traffic.  Trying to fnd a way to lighten her load.  What is teh Automated appliation called in the 3300?  In the 5000 is was the STAR application.  Trying to introduce some kind of automated answer system to help out.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 07:03:12 PM »
There isn't an equivalent to the Star app on the 5000.   That's actually a great feature of the 5000.

The 3300 is pretty basic.  It's built into the embedded VM.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
The other option if you still want the operator to answer is play a recording while queued at the console. That might make things better for the callers.

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »
Perhaps run the system in night mode, 

program a night bell extension and multicall the night bell extension.

I think you can still answer on the console under there conditions

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!  Much appreciated.  Going to have a chat with my local Reps to see about some changes.  Thanks again!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10