Author Topic: CESID or separate number for 911 on 5.4 Axxess  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
CESID or separate number for 911 on 5.4 Axxess
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
5.4 Intertel Axxess with PRI...will this platform allow CESID programming for 911 calls?

Customer has several extensions that display the DID assigned to that extension. These numbers aren't in the 911 database, only the billing number.

With the newer 5000 the phones have a separate emergency field to populate what number the PSAP sees...apparently this one doesn't.

How can I achieve sending the custom DID on normal calls and the customer's main number on emergency? I'm thinking CESID might be the answer...

thanks, Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CESID or separate number for 911 on 5.4 Axxess
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:52:13 AM »
Crowtalks,

This will need to be handled by the carrier as the Access did not have that feature until much later.

When the carrier sees the 911 call being sent they should be able to change the CAN to the BTN.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
Ahh...so you believe the Telco can massage the call with a different tag (BTN) if it detects the call is to 911?

That would be awesome. I'll contact the telco to see if they can (will) do it...

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:23:25 PM »
I don't know how the carriers are there, but around here the most common way of handling this situation is to contact the carrier and submit a list of numbers to them to register with Intrado (the 911 database handler in this area). This can also be handled directly with the county/regional 911 coordinator, you can submit a list of numbers with service addresses to them and they can manually update the database at the 911 center.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »
Thanks, Ace

I'm very familiar with that scenario :-), and that telco charges for the additional number they have to submit to add to the 911 database, so I was hoping the switch had a solution...

Thanks for both your answers.

Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Crowtalks,

I have done it both ways, and by default Charter ignores what you send out when dialing 911 unless you pay for the Intrada service. Other carriers have been known to just add the information without a charge if you just give them the numbers and addresses you want attached to them, which works well for off-site IP phones that are within the same PSAP.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10