Author Topic: Class of Restriction form seems to be missing  (Read 5832 times)

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Class of Restriction form seems to be missing
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:18:35 AM »
There is a Class of Restriction Groups form on our system, but there is apparently no Class of Restriction. The help file mentions adding the Class of Restriction numbers to the Class of Restriction Groups form, but offers no clue how to create these. We have release 5.0 SP2. What do I not understand about this?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Class of Restriction form seems to be missing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
The class of restriction groups form is all you get. The COR itself is formed by these groups. Basically you populate your COR groups form with whatever you want to restrict and then apply that group number to your COR.

Simple way of looking at it is if your COR number appears IN the group then you are barred from making a call from anything with that COR number.

So if you COR group was blank anyone/thing could make a call anywhere without restriction

COR group has 1-64 in it then no-one/thing could make any call anywhere (internal calls only allowed)

Anything in between will allow disallow as you build it. I think Ralph has a FAQ on it on this board somewhere.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:25:20 AM »

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »
Thanks X-Man, but I still don't entirely get it. The entries in the COR Groups form are 1 through 64, but I presume that each of the 64 classes must be derived from the digits dialed. I can't find where to do that. There is a form called "ARS Digits Dialed", but that is for call routing according to digits dialed, and ASFIK can't be applied individually to each extension, which is what we need to do.

I have read the article you mentioned, which is very good, but all it says about what makes up a COR is "Class Of Restriction. This form is used to define classes of what is allowed or denied." There doesn't seem to be a "Class Of Restriction" form.

Does COR interact in some way with ARS?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »
In ARS you assign a number to be dialed.  i.e. 91+(10 digits to follow). 
it points to a route or a  list of routes.
The route points to the COR form to see what is blocked from using it.

In the COR form, if COR 10 were to look like this: 1-9, 11-64 then the only COR that would be allow to use that route would be be 10.
If you want an extension to be able to use that route then, you would assign COR 10 to the extension.  All other extensions would be blocked.

Ralph

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
OK, Ralph, it's becoming clearer to me, but not entirely clear. ARS has a form for "ARS Route Lists" with 128 entries (no all blank), and it has "ARS Digits Dialed" which has a "Termination number" for each digit string (I guess that is a group of trunks), but I still don't see how to refer to any of the ARS forms in the "COS Group" form.

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 01:14:18 PM »
Maybe I am missing the point altogether. I have been trying to restrict calling from a particular extension to a set of predefined numbers, such as local and toll-free only. It looks like the COR business can define "allowed" or "disallowed" for off-site calls only. Is that the case?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »
Maybe I am missing the point altogether. I have been trying to restrict calling from a particular extension to a set of predefined numbers, such as local and toll-free only. It looks like the COR business can define "allowed" or "disallowed" for off-site calls only. Is that the case?

Yes why would you want to restrict internal numbers?

So you read the article by Ralph again and it explains how COR is used to restrict calling to predefined numbers. Its very flexible if not that easy to understand. It has to be used in conjunction with ARS though. Once you get your head round it you will see.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »
COR Groups are assigned to routes, and this is done in Route Assignment, not ARS Digits Dialed. COR Classes are assigned to devices and trunks in Station Service Assignment or Trunk Service Assignment, respectively. If a COR (assigned to a line or trunk) is included in a COR Group (assigned to a route), that device is blocked from accessing any routes using that COR Group.

So for example, if you assign a station a COR of 3, and COR Group 5 has classes 1-4 in it, then that device will not be allowed to access a route using COR Group 5, nor any other COR Group that includes COR 3 in it.

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »
Sorry for my unclear posts, but I'm having a very hard time wording my question well. What I'm trying to ask is how to define a COR, since there is no form for that. I pretty much understand how the COR Groups work, but the entries, 1-64, in each group must come from somewhere, and I presume they comprise leading digits to be dialed. The only form I can find that consists of digits dialed is "ARS Digits Dialed", but that form doesn't seem to say anything about COR, unless Termination Type List works for that. I understand ARS (mostly), and I understand COS Groups, I just don't understand where the entries into the COR Groups form come from.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
Sorry for my unclear posts, but I'm having a very hard time wording my question well. What I'm trying to ask is how to define a COR, since there is no form for that. I pretty much understand how the COR Groups work, but the entries, 1-64, in each group must come from somewhere, and I presume they comprise leading digits to be dialed. The only form I can find that consists of digits dialed is "ARS Digits Dialed", but that form doesn't seem to say anything about COR, unless Termination Type List works for that. I understand ARS (mostly), and I understand COS Groups, I just don't understand where the entries into the COR Groups form come from.

COR Group Assignment is where the COR Groups are configured.

EDIT: sorry, that's the old name for the form. It's now just called "Class of Restriction Groups".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:53:42 PM by lundah »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
The entries 1 to 64 are related to nothing but what to allow/exclude from within ARS where the COR group is used.

If you wanted you could leave all your COR groups blank and that would allow everything and disallow nothing.

The numbers are not 'defined' anywhere they are just what you can use (and no I don't understand why there are only 64; you may be able to flex them but I don't know).

So a COR group is defined by you. Simple as that. As before if you put all the numbers in a COR group (1-64) then you will disallow everything and allow nothing.

So to allow local dialling you would construct a COR group say of 1, 3-64. This would then disallow 1 and 2 to 64 entries but allow any option that uses COR 2 (which could be a blank COR or contain other restrictions/allows). Now in ARS you would construct a dialling rule that allows you dial local numbers via a route and THAT route would have a COR of 2.

Therefore any user with a COR of 2 would be able to use that route BUT any user with any other COR wouldn't.

If you wanted a local and national dialling you would then construct a COR 3 of say 1, 4-64 and in users assign a COR of 3 to allow them to dial local and national using ARS with a route that has a COR of 3 BECAUSE 2 ND 3 DON'T appear in the RESRTRICTION table and so on and so forth.

The operative word is RESTRICTION and it (the COR) restricts what you can see. If you can't see it then its allowed (that's how I finally got my head around it. There is nothing to assign to the actual numbers used. You could replace any of the digits in the above examples with any number between 1 and 64 and it would still work as long as the correct path is followed and programmed.

Offline akstraight

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 04:09:20 AM »
Well, thanks for the help and information. I think I have it figured out. What I have learned here plus my own experiments and a whole day of head scratching has led me to this:

COR Groups
A COR Group is just a list of numbers assigned by the user.

COR classes
There is no such thing as a list of CORs and there is no COR form. A COR exists because it appears in a COR Group.

ARS
An ARS route contains a COR Group entry, assigned by the user, which points to an entry in the table of COR Groups. A COR Group linked to a route in this way controls access to any route that links to it.

Station Attributes
Each station attributes record contains a COR entry for each of the three time periods Day, Night 1, and Night 2.
If the COR Group linked from a route in the ARS Route table contains the originating station’s COR, the route will be blocked for that station.

other
Simply creating a group containing “1-64” and entering that group in the COR for a station absolutely will not, by itself, block all outside calling.
There is no such thing as a COR form. There is only the COR Groups form, the link to its contents from ARS Routes, and the reference to it in Station Attributes.
Restrictions for digits dialed is strictly a matter for the ARS Route configuration.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10