Author Topic: Block direct dial calls from calling into an extension (we have the Mitel 3300)  (Read 7368 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile

Where do I go on Controller to block direct dial calls from calling into an extension?  It's for a 5304 IP Single Line Phone.  Step by Step procedure would ever be so helpful  Please advise.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Are you trying to stop specific numbers from calling in or do you want to stop all incoming DID calls to an extension?

Ralph

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Yes I want to stop all incoming DID calls to a specific extension?

Thank you.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We need more information to be able to help you.

Does the DID (or the end of the number) match the extension number?

If not, you can delete or change the destination number in the system speed calls.

If yes, you can either change the DN, assign a call reroute always to another location or use interconnect restrictions to block the trunks from connecting to this extension.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
Probably the easiest way is to renumber the phone.
That is as Mattmayn suggest if the extension number matches the last X digits of the DID number.

If it doesn't match, then look in the system speed dial numbers for the last X digits of the DID and delete it.

Ralph

Offline Jockey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi, my 2 bobs worth, in the COS there is a command Non-DID extension, change to yes ( Select yes to ensure the tation cannot receive a call directly from a DID trunk)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi, my 2 bobs worth, in the COS there is a command Non-DID extension, change to yes ( Select yes to ensure the tation cannot receive a call directly from a DID trunk)

Make sure you copy the current COS to an unused number to make this change and then assign it to this extension. You don't want to make your entire company (or a large chunk of it) unreachable from their DIDs.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
I've never used that COS option even though it's been available for a long time.
I've never seen a use for it.
Can someone clue me in as to under what circumstances you'd want to use it?

Ralph

Offline xrds

• View Profile
A classroom is getting an external caller calling and using profanity, we want to stop external comings from calling this speicifi extension - I have no idea where to go in the system to stop this?

Jockey,

I don't see command Non-DID extension in Class of Service in this extension's User and Devices I only see it inthe System Feature Settings.

Mattmayn,
I'm sorry but I don't know where I can go and find a COS on an current unused number to make this change and then assign it to this extension.

Thank you.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
I've never used that COS option even though it's been available for a long time.
I've never seen a use for it.
Can someone clue me in as to under what circumstances you'd want to use it?

Ralph

In my state in Australia, most public schools have Mitels installed in a fairly cooker cutter configuration (good old SOE). All extensions are numbered within a range, and most classrooms have a phone (due to it being a cheap paging system). They all also have DID on their extension ranges. That COS option allows the schools to decide who gets DID and who doesn't without having extensions needing to be renumbered to odd ranges etc. It just keeps things tidy and standard but allows some local decision making and flexibility. The administration staff have access to administer COS changes for extensions, which makes for an easy "How To" sheet.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In my state in Australia, most public schools have Mitels installed
What state is that, QLD??
Same scenario, we install the Mitels for Education and need to stop DID to class rooms so that parents don't annoy the teachers.
Obviously administration can transfer a caller if necessary.

Depending on the version it may be in the advanced tab of the COS.
See attached.

Offline mah437

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Similar problem here, all calls come in on an auto-attendant, they do not want any calls to ring the classroom phones,  just go to voicemail. But if a receptionist gets and outside call, the receptionist needs to be able to transfer that call to the classroom.  The restrictions in the system now that can be used do not work because the system always sees the call as an outside call,  so it is not as simple as just restricting outside calls to the classrooms.   (networked 3300 systems, ver 7)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
The restrictions in the system now that can be used do not work because the system always sees the call as an outside call,  so it is not as simple as just restricting outside calls to the classrooms.

The solution here is to have the operator put the call on hold, call the class room and ask them to do a remote hold retrieve on the line.
Generally speaking, we always set up some speed calls to do this.  For example, if the caller is on line one then we ask the end user to dial 1111. 
This is a system speed dial where the actual number is <FAC>+holding line.   The FAC is for "remote hold retrieve".
I usually set up 1111-1117 for console (or operator position) one.  1121-1127 for console two etc.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We've always done this with Call Rerouting and Day/Night1/Night2. We'd set the Day to reroute DID, TIE, and CO to voicemail, but INT to no reroute. Then have the secretary change to Nights 1 after classroom hours which allows all calls to ring in.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10