Author Topic: Mitel SX200 EL system evaluation  (Read 4430 times)

Offline whiteheadja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel SX200 EL system evaluation
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:19 AM »
Okay, I haven't played with telecoms for around 8yrs. I am Mitel sx2000 trained, and was very familiar with that particular system. I am now 8ys later working for a small IT business and we have a customer with a SX200 EL. I am 'rusty' to say the least and need some guidance on accessing the SX200 and seeing if it is still a viable PBX for the customer. The system is installed in a hotel and has not been used for 3 yrs or so at least. The system has around 50 extensions, and powers up.

I know its a big ask but some guidance and which is the best telnet software to access the system would be appreciated. Also is there a engineer password that I can use if I cannot find the last one?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel SX200 EL system evaluation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
An old EL... Power it up, connect with a straight through serial cable, set the speed to 9600 8N1 and open a VT100 terminal emulator (TeraTerm works well) and press enter several times...

Select VT100
Select CDE or Maintenance
Username: installer
Password: (the factory default password is well documented, not sure I can post it here though)

If that doesn't work, and you don't know the password, you may be in a situation where you need to factory default the system... If you do you are in trouble. The 200 is similar to other Mitels and it has an options list and a password tied to the sysid of the system, if you factory default it you need that AMC record information to key it back in manually.

Offline whiteheadja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »
Great Thanks for your reply, I will take a look in the next couple of days and let you know how I go with it.

Andy

Offline whiteheadja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »
Okay,
I have Teraterm working and can get to the login point. I have tried installer etc and all the passwords I can find online but cant access the switch. The switch also has lodging option, would this still be active or would need relicensing with Mitel once I finally get access to the switch.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Andy

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:22 AM »
I you can't login with the default and the controller card doesn't display E.8 then the current license is functioning. If you have the Moss sheet, it can be defaulted and reprogrammed. otherwise Mitel would need to be contacted to change password.

Offline whiteheadja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »
Okay, So I rang around the local Mitel partners and actually stumbled across the original installers. To my surprise they gave me the password and I spent a little time on the system yesterday to see how healthy it was. The E.8 is not displaying so we should be good with the options. There is no alarms showing on the system. The only thing I do have is when I run tests is "ons card failed" on position 01.07.00.00 but there is no card in that position. The main control card has a 1 and 7 illuminated which I assume is the same issue. Do I just remove the programming for this card and it will clear the fault.?

As previously stated I am a little rusty but I was managing to find my way around pretty easily yesterday.

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
I would make a copy of form 4 for your records. That way if it does lose the database, you can rebuild. Yes a backup would also do it.

I like a paper copy.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:11 PM »
Check the device forms, one is nine the other I can;t remember, but you will see it in the menu.
Make sure you have nothing programmed in that slot.
When you want to delete an extension you will forced to delete all related programming first (system will prompt for it.
Now go to form one and delete the card in that slot.

The display should clear.

Offline whiteheadja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
Thanks Johnkerri, I will try that the next time I am over at the customers. We have jumpered two lines temporarily into the system to test it and dialed out okay so hopefully it will be going live very soon.

Andy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10