Author Topic: Running Software installer tool on Windows 8.1  (Read 3568 times)

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
Running Software installer tool on Windows 8.1
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
Hi,

did anyone already done a upgrade of an 3300 system using windows 8 or 8.1 as operating system. I am wondering if it works.

I was testing it, but I am not able to login the MCD system from the software installer tool. As soon as I try to login I receive a error. "The 3300 is either starting up or shutting down, and the MiXML interface is not currently available".

I am using the latest SI that comes with version MCD 6.0 SP3.

I am having the feeling that it has to do with with windows version. I have tried to change the compability mode to windows 7 or XP, but it doesn't make any difference.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Running Software installer tool on Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
I had that issue on my first upgrade with Windows 8.1, but my second and third have gone just fine.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 03:08:35 AM »
Have you changed anything on your system? Or has this to do with the current MCD version of system?

I am running the latest Java version, some how it seems a Java issue.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:01 AM »
Like I said, it happened on the first of three upgrades that I did for customers. I ended up doing a manual load and restore for that first one, and when it worked for the second and third that I've done so far, I didn't look into it any further.

In the past I would say that it has something to do with the version that you either upgrading from or that the system you're upgrading is in some kind of unknown state. But I don't have any proof of that.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »
Just to confirm that the upgrade went fine. At first I had the same error message again. I restarted my computer and after that I was able to connect to the Mitel and do the upgrade. The upgrade was successful and I have encountered no issues.

Thanks for you input.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10