Author Topic: Mitel 5212 to SIP Server  (Read 5051 times)

Offline ctc_olsen

• View Profile
Mitel 5212 to SIP Server
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:36:58 AM »
Hi guys, I am trying to set up this handset(5212IP) to a third party SIP server. The SIP server IP is on a different subnet but ping tests are already successful. My main question is, how do you enter a a SIP Username, password and listening port to my handset? I am not able to find this on the phone options itself. 

I use the link below as my reference. Please share if you have any thoughts on this. Thank you.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+settings+for+Mitel+Phones

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5212 to SIP Server
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »
These phones are not SIP out of the box, they initially need to be placed in SIP mode (the default is MiNET mode, or Mitel Network mode). Then you web to the phone and enter a username of admin and a password of <phone model> which would be 5212 in this case. In the web interface you can setup all this information.

All the information on how to do this is at the link you listed above, although you kind of have to poke around in the Mitel sections to find it all.

Offline ctc_olsen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Thank you Ace. I set it up to SIP mode, then reboot. It doesn't get an IP address so I can't get to web interface.

This phone works being used as Minet with DHCP. Is there a way to access web interface here? I tried it but it does not pull up a page using IE 8 and I can ping the IP address.

How do we enable http on 5212 IP dual mode model? I found this using the guide.

Press (SUPERKEY), and then press >> until ADMIN TOOLS? appears on the
display.

I tried # instead of >> but there is no option for ADMIN TOOLS.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:57:12 PM by ctc_olsen »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Mitel 5212 to SIP Server
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
Thank you Ace. I set it up to SIP mode, then reboot. It doesn't get an IP address so I can't get to web interface.

This phone works being used as Minet with DHCP. Is there a way to access web interface here? I tried it but it does not pull up a page using IE 8 and I can ping the IP address.

How do we enable http on 5212 IP dual mode model? I found this using the guide.

Press (SUPERKEY), and then press >> until ADMIN TOOLS? appears on the
display.

I tried # instead of >> but there is no option for ADMIN TOOLS.
There is no webpage interface in MiNet mode at all.

The ADMIN TOOLS option only shows up in SIP mode. You cannot configure any SIP options in MiNet mode, and you cannot do any MiNet options in SIP mode.

The difference in the modes is as if you had 2 different phones, it is kind of like dual booting a PC into Linux or Windows, completely different OSs but identical hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline ctc_olsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
Thank you again for the response. At least I know this now.

The ADMIN TOOLS option only shows up in SIP mode. You cannot configure any SIP options in MiNet mode, and you cannot do any MiNet options in SIP mode.

I have it set as SIP mode already. What else do I need to do for this to boot up? It only shows a blank white screen. Do I need to set up something first? I read something about setting up a TFTP server for this phone to download a CFG file to to boot up in SIP mode. But I can't find a guide online to do this.

I guess my question is, after I set it up as SIP mode, what should I do next since the phone won't boot up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10