Author Topic: Button Selectable Call Forwarding - Is this possible?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Button Selectable Call Forwarding - Is this possible?
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:51:37 AM »
Hi,

I have an Auto Attendant which when the Caller selects 2 (for the Service Engineers), currently goes to a Speeddial which then forwards out to an engineer's Mobile/Cellular Phone. Great.

However, the head engineer now wants to be able to select which engineer the Auto Attendant forwards to (as we have around 5 engineers that he wants to take in turns to receive the calls from the Auto Attendant.

Something along the lines of having a general deskphone where he can select which engineer the caller gets forwarded to via selecting a button on the phone?

To confirm, the Auto Attendant should forward to just 1 person, not multiples at the same time. He just wants to be able to select the destination as required that day.

Is anything like this possible on the Mitel 3300?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance  :)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Button Selectable Call Forwarding - Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:30 AM »
I've had this request several time although I've never really come up with a good solution for this.

The only thing I can think of is to forward to a speed dial that goes to the engineer of the day.  Then change the cell number in the speed dial on a daily bases.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
I've had this request several time although I've never really come up with a good solution for this.

The only thing I can think of is to forward to a speed dial that goes to the engineer of the day.  Then change the cell number in the speed dial on a daily bases.

Ralph

What about sending the AA option to a non-prime DN, then setting a CFFM-3rd Party from the head engineer's set to forward calls to that DN to the desired number? Might have to pre-add the external destinations as speed calls, but I would think that should work if the COS and FAC settings are right.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
What about sending the AA option to a non-prime DN, then setting a CFFM-3rd Party from the head engineer's set to forward calls to that DN to the desired number?

I think you nailed the best option, lundah.

Ralph

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

This is what we have been doing, but the head engineer wants to be able to do it himself and not involve me (which is fine by me!)  ;D

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »

Ralph

What about sending the AA option to a non-prime DN, then setting a CFFM-3rd Party from the head engineer's set to forward calls to that DN to the desired number? Might have to pre-add the external destinations as speed calls, but I would think that should work if the COS and FAC settings are right.

Hi Lundah,

Apologies but as my name suggests I am new to all things Mitel, so I get lost with some of the acronyms etc. Would you be able to explain your method in the most simplistic way possible (so a poor layman can understand :-) )

Many thanks in advance for your help guys.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »
Here's how it's done:
Program a unique system speed dial for each cell phone.  Be sure to tick "over ride toll security".
Program a button on any  phone.
Program your option 2 to go to the button.
Then look up the "3rd party call forward code"  (FAC=Feature Access Code) and then dial <FAC><Button number><speed dial>.

You may need to change your COS (Class of Service) to allow you to use 3rd party call forwarding.

Ralph

Offline MitelNewbie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:45:03 AM »
Hi guys, many thanks for your help!  8)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10