Author Topic: Phone Forwarding  (Read 4400 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Phone Forwarding
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
Have a 5000 customer, who forwarded extension 1124 to 1118. Both Internal and External calls to 1124 ring to 1118, but never go to voicemail. If you call 1118 directly, it does go into 1118's voicemail. Additionally if you remove the forwarding on 1124, both internal and external calls go to voicemail.

Tried it on my own 6.X system, and it works perfectly. Customer is running 5.1SP3.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »
Bluewhite4,

Look at 1124 flag for system forwarding. My guess is that it is set to No.

Device and Feature Code, Phones, 1124, Flags, System Forward (should be at the bottom)

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »
System Forward is set to yes for both 1118 and 1124. And if the forwarding is removed from 1124, you do go into 1124's voicemail box.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
Bluewhite4,

Guess I missed that part in the original post; sorry.

If anybody on the system does a manual forward does it do this or just between these two phones?

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
Not a problem Tech. I'd rather be double checking things.

Not sure. I'll do some forwarding manually tonight and test.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
When you manually forward A to B the call does not forward B's system forwarding path.  And since manual forward is invoked it no longer follows A's path.  So manual forwards just don't wind up in voice mail.  Having said that, if this is something needed regularly there are ways around it using SYS FWD path and maybe a phantom, depending on the scenario desired.  If you need this let me know and I can tell you how.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »
When you manually forward A to B the call does not forward B's system forwarding path.  And since manual forward is invoked it no longer follows A's path.  So manual forwards just don't wind up in voice mail.  Having said that, if this is something needed regularly there are ways around it using SYS FWD path and maybe a phantom, depending on the scenario desired.  If you need this let me know and I can tell you how.
Interesting. Did this change in 6? Because my 6.x lab has this working.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »
From programming manual v. 2.0: "If the principal endpoint receives a manually forwarded call (not a system forward) that call will NOT follow the principal endpoint's system forwarding path."  So I'm not sure what circumstances caused it to work before.  Now if you built a SYS FWD path for A that had fwd points B and VMAIL, in that order, call would ring B and then go to A's vmail box.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
Bluewhite4,

What setup do you have between the two phones [Associated Extensions], also which mailbox answered the call?
Also how is the system forwarding setup on those phones?

It has always been that the station you are manually forwarding to will not use its system forwarding to forward the call, but it may be a transfer recall timer and destination or its message center that is working for you. Now a manual forward of manual forward will work unless there is a loop and then none of the manual fowarding will work; nor would a manual forward to voicemail work.

Example: Station 1 manually forwards to Station 2 that manually forwards to Station 3 that manually fowards to Station 1; manual forwarding fails as it will just ring itself in the end then system fowarding "should" work just fine in that case.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »
Everyone,

Here are my notes for System Forwarding not working properly on a phone from the Axxess days.

There are several reasons why calls are not following a system forward path.

·        System Forward Flag for that station is disabled

·        System forwarding conditions have not been set correctly

·        System forwarding had NOT been set up (remember, if a station port is deleted and rebuilt, the default is no system forwarding)

·        No mailbox

·        Voice mail system down

·        Station has been manually forwarded

·        DID number pointed to the wrong station

·        Telco has a forwarding path established on incoming line(s). Usually VM.

Solution – A quick solution is have user enter feature code 394, this will turn on the system forward flag as well as cancel manual forwarding. If that doesn't work then it is not a manual forward issue or system forwarding flag turned off issue as it defaults the phone which has system forwarding turned on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10