Author Topic: Voice Mail Tab - UCA Console  (Read 3538 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Voice Mail Tab - UCA Console
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
Hi,

We've recently installed the UCA Console option for our reception and all seems to be working well. However, the "Leave Voice Mail" tab is greyed out and cannot be selected. The receptionist is unable to transfer calls directly to voice mail. On the MAS server, when I go to Unified Communications Server>Enterprise, the Voice mail server setting is greyed out as well. Is this where you configure this for Voice mail to work on the UCA console and how do I get this to work? The site uses embedded voice mail and not Nupoint. UCA Version is 6.0 and MAS is version 5.0. MCD is 6.0 SP2.

Cheers!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Mail Tab - UCA Console
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »
I believe that those options within UCA are for NuPoint users only, and will not work for embedded.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Ok, on the MAS server if I go to Unified Communications Server>Users and Services>(Select the user account)>Unified Communicator Advanced> - I'm able to put in a mailbox number. If I put in a mailbox number, the "Leave Voice mail" tab for that extension becomes active in the console. However, if I try to leave a message, I'm prompted to input a passcode - "please enter your passcode." Its like I'm trying to access my mailbox instead of being able to leave a message. The message I was expecting to hear is "begin speaking after the tone and hang up when you have finished.....

Will this not work unless I have Nupoint?

Cheers!

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
I believe that those options within UCA are for NuPoint users only, and will not work for embedded.

My belief also

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
Have you added the embedded vm hunt pilot dn into the 'Call Coverage Services' form on the 3300?

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 08:11:01 PM »
Hi,

I have been informed by Mitel support that the UCA Integration wizard has already been run on my MAS server. Therefore this functionality will only be available on Nupoint. My other option if I want this functionality to work, other than changing my VM system from embedded to Nupoint, is to rebuild my MAS server and not run the integration wizard. Will have to think about his one...sounds abit too much work - which could be messy and expensive - just  to have this functionality. Thanks all.

Cheers!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
Try putting in the mailbox number as "*<mailbox number>", this should allow you to leave a message.

We usually handle this on systems with embedded VM by going into to the "console" user, and building a personal group of all users, and editing the number to be *<ext num>, then adding the personal group members to the speed dial tab of the console, then from the console screen they can clock VOICEMAIL and the user and it allows to leave a message or transfer direct to VM.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10