Author Topic: Field Solution Manuals  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Field Solution Manuals
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:45:03 PM »
Everyone,

Tell me what you think about this because I am writing some simple how-to's for a new technician friend of mine and thought it would be a good idea to have something like this out there. Something like Mitel's solutions, but a how-to by technicians for technicians manual.

The way I see it so far you would need to provide the following information to someone just starting or trying to figure out a solution that they haven't run into before.

How-To Topic Name
What version of software will this solution work with
What Hardware or Software is needed
What Features need to be enabled or purchased
How do you set it up and program it
If there are multiple solutions what are the benefits and the detriments of each
Troubleshooting: Typical Issues/Problems along with Solutions

Is this something you think others would want to see on this site somewhere? Also if you have any ideas or suggestions I am willing to listen as any information is good information.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Field Solution Manuals
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »
I absolutely think that's a great idea.
I've put up some stuff in the articles sections but just don't have time to do a lot of them.

If you're willing to do the leg work I'll put it up with credits to you and your company.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
Ralph,

Not a problem as I will be making some for my friend, but I think I will post them here first to get some responses as well as more ways to set things up before we post the final solution in the articles section.

Would you want me to post the drafts in their own individual posts and in what section would you want them posted?

The only problem I have is that I do not know the 3300 very well, read not at all, so I know articles for those will take me longer and will most likely be flawed. I do however have a good deal of knowledge on the 5000, but as I have found out on these forums there is more than one way to skin a cat; which is good.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »
You can post drafts here or you can send me the drafts directly and I'll work up the page to put in the article section. 
I think I'd prefer that you send me the drafts in Word format, I'll then put it on line and post on the relevant for forum that it's live and invite comments.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10