Author Topic: PBX Unreachable  (Read 3441 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
PBX Unreachable
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:32:47 PM »
I have two sites that cannot talk to each other. At first I thought it was a call routing issue so I checked all the routes and made sure each PBX has the correct numbers and IP addresses. All is fine, then when I tried pinging each others IP from within the Mitel I couldn't reach each other. I started down the network path but from each router I can ping the others PBX IP address so I know the route is there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: PBX Unreachable
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
Could be a default route issue or subnet mask issue in the 3300 - or something else.

I'd start by pinging your default gateway from the 3300 and then the next hop and next hop, etc.

You could also plug a laptop into the voice network to see if you can ping from there.

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »
You have your Cluster and PBX numbers all in place?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
To illustrate a little better.
PBX A and Router A
PBX B and Router B

To Ralph's question.
I can ping the gateway from the 3300 just fine it can talk with all other PBX's. On PBX A I do a tracert RTC IP address to PBX B it  responds with only one hop which is the default gateway on PBX A.

To Answer jrg0852, yes there all in order this was the first place I started looking. I made sure all the numbers are correct and routing was verified. I'm leaning towards a routing issue but what doesn't make sense to me if PBX A sends the request to it's default gateway which it say's it is, then even if router doesn't know the next hope it should send it to the gateway of last resort and from there get to the appropriate place.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Do you have the gateway address programmed correctly in the IP settings of you controllers?

Sorry your reply didn't appear on my screen when I first viewed, comments seem to say should be fine.

Maybe check you vlans on your network. Try putting a PC on the voice vlan and see if it can access the remote site.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:29:53 AM by ghost »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
When you say they can't talk to each other do you mean that the calls will not set up, no voice, one-way voice, controllers can't even sync?

I am assuming you mean the calls won't set up. Do a CCS trace on each controller and try to make a call. Then post the results here (internal numbers only please). Let us know calling and called parties. Maybe your trunk attributes are set to absorb something they shouldn't.

What does the phone do when you attempt the call?

I may be going the wrong direction with this, but we all fat finger a number every now and then and just simply can't see it when we look back.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »
To Ghost, they do have a default gateway setup and it's correct vlans are also correct.

To Mattmayn, they can setup a call when either side tries to call each other they get a fast busy and out of service displays on there screen. Could you tell me how to setup the CCS Trace? I see there are several different options and the Help file isn't that clear at least to me. I assume I setup the trace on each pbx before I have someone make a call? Should I have someone on both ends make the call? At this point I am fairly confident it's a routing issue as on one of the routers there is no route to the voice vlan one of the PBX's is trying to contact. Per policy I cannot do anything about that during the day. But still would like to run this trace to see what happens,

Thanks,

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
Maintenance Commands on each 3300:

CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINUOUS This will display calls live on the screen (most likely a large amount of information).

CCS TRACE DISABLE when you are finished. Just copy and paste the text from the screen.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10