Author Topic: Mitel 5000 + 5312 + UCA  (Read 2030 times)

Offline HPCplc

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 + 5312 + UCA
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help with this issue.

We have a Mitel 5000 server running Mitel 5312 IP phones. Along with this we run Mitel Unified Communicator Advanced (version 6).

It is set to import our internal address directory by default which is fine. (you press directory 'superkey' and select number 1 for this)

What we want is to be able to have the external directory added as well (you press directory 'superkey and select number 2) does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

I hope this makes sense.

KR
Aaron

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 + 5312 + UCA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:59 AM »
I think you're referring to System Speed Dials.

System > Phone Related Information > System Speed Dials

Create index number, associate external number (without leading digit).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:27 AM »
Aaron,

Long story short no the built-in directory application in the 5000 can not be changed to look at anything outside the system, but you should be able to access (1) Internal, (2) Outside (System Speed Dial), and (3) Features with your Directory Button on your phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline HPCplc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:03:30 AM »
Hi

thank you both for your replies, sorry i just spoke with my manager and my message wasn't worded very clearly.
We have the external and internal directories on the physical phones running fine.

What we want is both of them to show on the Unified Communication Advanced software, at the moment only the internal directory is listed. Can we add the external one aswell?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »
Aaron,

There is no check box you can check or set to yes to allow the UCA Client to see System Speed Dials if that is what you are asking.

As far as the Internal Directory goes on that it is getting the information from the User's and Services portion of the MAS and not from the Mitel 5000 when you see it in the Company Directory portion of the UCA client.

What you could do is export your System Speed Dials from the Mitel 5000 and that will come out as a .csv file. You can then go into your %Appdata% and look for your Mitel folder then your UC folder on your PC and look for the contacts.dat file where all of your contacts are stored for that person. I believe this is a long drawn out solution that is most likely something you wouldn't want to do, but you could create one contacts.dat folder and then push it out to the other users PC's or just copy and paste it.

If you want to know more on how to set it up that way I will be glad to help, but at this point I won't go through the trouble of explaining it if it isn't a viable solution.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10