Author Topic: Unable To Call Single 800 Number  (Read 7745 times)

Offline magallz1

• View Profile
Unable To Call Single 800 Number
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
We have got a 3300 MXe III with MCD 6.0 and have been running it for a little over a month now.  Everything is running pretty good except for (so far) one single 800 number that will not work.  We had an old Axxess system and this 800 number worked just fine.

I'm kind of stuck in the middle because the telco says that the MCD is dropping the connection during the call progress phase.  Our Mitel field engineer is saying that the telco has something wrong in the call routing database.  I've attached L2L3 traces that show a good and bad call.  They do show that the telco is saying.  The MCD is disconnecting during the call progress phase.

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out what the issue is here.  Anyone with any ideas?

System Details: 3300 MXe III, MCD 6.0, Embeded PRI with NI2 protocol

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Unable To Call Single 800 Number
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
Do a CCS trace command and then call it from your cell.

Turn on: "CCS Tra En Cont"
Turn off: "CCS Tr dis"

You'll want to do this during a slow time because it will spit out a lot of data.
I would think that odds are pretty good the DNIS isn't being handled properly.

Ralph

Offline magallz1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »
My error.  This is an 800 number that we dial out to through the 3300.  It's a paper supply company.  We used to be able to dial this number on our old Axxess system.  But when we switched to the 3300, we suddenly started getting the message: "We're sorry.  Your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again." (followed by a fast-busy signal)

This message comes from the MCD itself and not the telco.  The CCS trace shows that it is out-dialing the full number 1800XXXXXXX.  I find it really odd too how the L2L3 traces are identical until the call progress phase.  It is all very odd and baffling to me.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »
I've had this before with other Non-Toll-Free numbers.
Carrier never accepts blame - and it may not be your local carrier - it could also be who they hand it off to.
I usually ended up routing around the problem by pointing it to a copper trunk.  Within a few weeks the problem magically goes away and I can put it back to normal without having to spend a week of labor proving to the carrier it's in their network.

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
You can also try putting the whole number in ARS. So the full digits with 0 to follow and see if that works. Worth a shot.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
The 3300 has no prompts like that.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
The 3300 has no prompts like that.

I was thinking the same thing.

I regularly get complaints about people not being able to call 1800 and 1300 numbers and for me it has always resulted in an issue with the 1800 or 1300 number, particularly when they use area based routing.

I would contact them on an alternative number and get them to check with their provider.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 08:12:51 AM »
What do you mean no prompts? The ARS digits dialed form.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
What do you mean no prompts?

"We're sorry.  Your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again."

Never seen that message on the Motel phone systems, that is a carrier message from what I know.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »
What do you mean no prompts? The ARS digits dialed form.
You made me look!  ;D

The only tones you will get are:
- reorder tone or dial tone based on the Intercept handling configuration, or
- warning tone in case of alternate routing based route lists configuration.

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
So, this number worked on your previous Axxess system, on the same PRI?

Looked at your L2L3 traces. Both SETUP messages are identical. There's nothing on the Mitel side to make this call fail.

Something in ISDN signaling must be different between Mitel and Axxess systems to make that happen...

I think of 3 things. This is just ideas...
- Might be a Numbering Plan / Type of Number problem. Never worked with Axxess systems, but Mitel 5000 default config send "National Call" TON for 1-800 calls, and not "Unknown" as Mitel 3300 does.
- Try to send only 10 digits for CPN Substitution (your caller id). I worked on similar problems with an old GTD5 switch that rejected some calls in some conditions with 11 digits CPN.
- Are you able to dial this number on your cell phone / POTS line? 1-800 numbers are available for defined areas. Maybe this changed for this number.

What do you think?

Offline magallz1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:17:18 AM »
marcolive the 10 digit CPN was the fix.  The issue was that we were using 11 digits in the CPN Substitution for our DIDs.  I went through can removed the 1 prefix from all of our DIDs and the calls now complete.  Apparently this has something to do with how our telco does billing.  They reject 11 digits because their system only looks for the 10.  Go figure.

I was in error about the message coming from the MCD.  It was so darn clear I thought it had to be coming from the MCD.  Turns out it was coming from the switch of our PRI.  That's why it was so clear.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10