Author Topic: Backup / downgrade options  (Read 2008 times)

Offline MGO

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Backup / downgrade options
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:26:32 PM »
We have a few older Inter-Tel 5000 systems that have never been upgraded and currently are running software version 2.2.1.20.  I am looking into upgrading these to the latest 6.x release but wanted to know if a downgrade is possible or system restore in case we have issues with the upgrade.  I know I can make a backup of the database, but can I roll back to version 2.2.1.20 if for whatever reason we run into trouble and need some time to figure things out?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Backup / downgrade options
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:34 PM »
You're going to need a new Compact Flash, so yes, you'll have the v2 database on the original CF.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »
MGO,

Just make sure that you don't move the licensing over to the new CF until you make sure the upgrade went well since changing it back will require Mitel Tech Support. The good thing is that you don't have to wait since the old CF will have the correct license file on it already, but they will want that CF returned or you will be charged for it and getting that straightened out is not worth the hassle since you can test everything that doesn't need licensing prior to moving it over.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MGO

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »
ok great, so there's actually no software/firmware stored on the chassis itself?  Everything is located on the CF?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
MGO,

Yes, that would be correct, the Operating System, Database, Hardware ID, and License is stored on the Compact Flash unless you have an older system that stored the Hardware ID on a USB Dongle. The Voicemail is also stored on the Compact flash IF the system does not have a PS-1 in which case the Voicemail is stored on the PS-1.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10