Author Topic: Using different trunk groups based on extension via ARS  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Using different trunk groups based on extension via ARS
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »
Forgive me as I don't come from a traditional telephony background so things like ARS are still outside my understanding.

I have a client that is experiencing some outbound dialing issue with LS trunks (v6.0), I am aware that the PR5 patch deals with this but I also know that calls that use ARS are not effected so here is what I want to try and setup

Now:
Ext 100-110 use CO Trunk Group 7011
Ext 200-210 use CO Trunk Group 7012
This was setup up simply by making the outbound extensions equal the Trunk Group.

Want:
Change the outbound extensions to ARS (92000) but still have the 100 extensions use the trunks in  CO Trunk Group 7011 and the 200 extensions use the trunks in CO Trunk Group 7012

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using different trunk groups based on extension via ARS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »
Hershel,

You can do this, but it will take a little bit of programming to do.

Inside each trunk group make sure that only the phone that you want to use it are in the Outgoing Access List, usually you would make an extension list and then put that in the Outgoing Access List to make it easier manage.

Then go through your Numbering Plan > Facility Groups > P1XXX > Trunks Groups/Nodes and make sure you put all of the trunk groups within each P1XX Series Facility Group. That way when they dial a number using ARS they will go to the facility group and then try the CO Group that they have access from and all others will be ignored.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
Hershel,

You can do this, but it will take a little bit of programming to do.

Inside each trunk group make sure that only the phone that you want to use it are in the Outgoing Access List, usually you would make an extension list and then put that in the Outgoing Access List to make it easier manage.

Then go through your Numbering Plan > Facility Groups > P1XXX > Trunks Groups/Nodes and make sure you put all of the trunk groups within each P1XX Series Facility Group. That way when they dial a number using ARS they will go to the facility group and then try the CO Group that they have access from and all others will be ignored.

Thanks,

TE

Wow, what I great idea.  I was really thinking I was going to have to get fancy in the Facility & Route Groups which I really don't fully understand.

I will have to give this a try on my demo system... have you done this on an active install?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
Hershel,

You do this alot when you have multiple companies on one system so yes I have done it before and it works fine.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10