Author Topic: Increase rings  (Read 2574 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Increase rings
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »
Hi,

We have the Mitel MXe 3300.

I need to have a phone to ring longer than 4 rings, maybe change it to 10 rings before it goes to our operator.  I need to make this change on a 5304 IP Phone, is there a way to increase the rings if so does anyone know the step by step procedure to do that?

Thank you.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Increase rings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »
Copy the existing COS for this phone to one that is not being used. Name it ExtraRings or such. Now before you save it, change the Call Forward - No Answer Timer from 15 (default) to, say 20 and test. Tweak this value until it is where you want it. May need to start at 17 and up from there. Save and assign this COS to that phone. This should work. Anyone see why not? Thanks.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
While you're changing the Call Forward No Answer Timer as jrg0852 suggest, you'll need to be careful of making sure that the No Answer Recall timer stays 2 seconds longer than whatever you set the Call Forward timer to.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »
Thanks, first pair (blue/white).

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
Thank you jrg0852 & blue/white4.

By making changes to the call foward - no answer timer, etc. wouldn't this affect all of the phones on the Controller?

I only want to change 1 phone to ring longer.

Please advise.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
By copying the Class of Service, editing the new COS, and then assigning the phone to the new COS, you'll only be affecting that one phone.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »
Hi bluewhite

Unfortunately we do not have any phones that are not being used, can't do transfer?

I did change the COS for the actual phone in the Users and Devices, I went up to 15-25, still didn't work.  15 is the default in the Sys. Feature Settings-Class of Service Options unde the General Tab.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »
Test it with internal call first.
If the problem is with outside calls only, increase the Trunk COS timer.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "we don't have any phones that are not being used, can't do transfer?"

If you browse to System Properties -> System Feature Settings -> Class of Service Options, you'll find the complete list of Classes of Service.

You say that 15 is the default that all your phones are set to. You'll want to copy that COS to an empty one. To perform the copy, browse through the pages until you find a COS that doesn't have a comment; remember this COS number. Then, go back and click on COS 15. Press the copy button. Change the comment to something you'll understand, and enter the empty COS number that you previously found to be empty. Before you press the "Save" button, edit the Call Forward No Answer and No Answer Recall timers. Now press save.

Now, go to Users and devices, and change the phone to the newly defined COS.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10