Author Topic: Call Forwarding To VM Internally  (Read 1908 times)

Offline nairco

• View Profile
Call Forwarding To VM Internally
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:01:09 AM »
Hello,

I just inherited the role of administrating our Mitel installation so I'm quite new to this and need some help with a VM issue.

I have a number 235 set up with call forward to VM if busy/not available for internal and external callers. There is also a direct dialin number connected to it. So if I ring it directly from an external number the VM picks up and lets me leave a message. If I call that number directly from an internal device - say 237 -  it works as well. BUT, if I ring our reception from an external number and ask her to forward me to 235, she dials 235 on her phone, waits until the VM picks up and hangs up her phone, which normally connects the caller directly to the number. Now, instead of getting the VM I just get a general message asking me to enter an extension number bla, bla.
This is very annoying as clients normally call the reception and are then forwarded to the person's extension. So they have to hang up and call reception again to leave a message.

Any hints on where the glitch in our configuration might be?

We're running a ICE 3300

Katja

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Call Forwarding To VM Internally
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »
Try telling reception just to ring the phone and transfer it straight away rather than waiting for it to answer..

Offline nairco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:42 AM »
This is not really an option since reception doesn't know if the person is on his/her desk or not and if the person wants to talk to the caller at the moment or not. And maybe the caller wants to leave a message. Why have VM then when reception has to take the messages? No, no. There must be a way to configure this correctly. ::)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:38:54 AM »
Transferring an Outside Caller to a Mailbox
To transfer a caller on an outside line to a mailbox:
1. Press the Transf/Conf key. If you do not have a Trans/Conf key, press and release the
hookswitch.
2. Dial the Message Center extension.
3. When the system answers,
• If you have a mailbox, press .**#
• If you do not have a mailbox, press .*#
4. Enter the mailbox number where the caller wants to leave a message. If you normally use
a dialing prefix to call the mailbox user, enter that prefix before the mailbox number.
5. Hang up immediately.

So VM answers reception, she pulls the call back and asks caller if he wants to leave a message and if he does then use above to put the caller direct to voiuce mail.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:35 AM »
MCD 6.0 has a direct to VM feature it you program the call coverage form.

Is there a reason why the receptionist is waiting on the VM to answer?

Also, do a CCS on the call and verify that the call is being routed properly and not going to another location first that doesn't have VM.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »
The issue is if the receptionist calls the voicemail it is looking for intergration information i.e the extension number. The attendant doesn't have a real extension number so the voicemail plays the general message. Either use the direct to voicemail method from Mattmayn mentions if you have 6 or setup a voicemail key on the console key pad or have here listen to the greeting and enter a mailbox.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10