Author Topic: Audit Mitel system for 'dead' users?  (Read 10873 times)

Offline pstones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Audit Mitel system for 'dead' users?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »
It's hard to get a grip on procedures etc when you work in a large business  >:( :(

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
I totally agree it's an admin/procedural problem but it amazes me that Mitel do not have a similar thing to AD where we can just see when the users last logged into a phone.

Sounds like something that should be submitted as a DCR (Design Change Request) to Mitel.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
No one has the time to go through a list of 320 hotdesk users and work out which ones are not valid.  We have a similar problem with active directory (if you know what that is), no one tells us people have left but we can run a script and it tells us AD users that have not been used for a certain length of time and then we delete them.

Seems to me it would cost less to have someone run through AD and the 3300 to find "dead" users than to continue to pay license fees for users who no longer exist. Shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to go through a list of 300 users, throw an intern at it. Also you can do AD integration with the Mitel so when a user is removed from AD, their login on the 3300 is removed as well.

Offline pstones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
No one has the time to go through a list of 320 hotdesk users and work out which ones are not valid.  We have a similar problem with active directory (if you know what that is), no one tells us people have left but we can run a script and it tells us AD users that have not been used for a certain length of time and then we delete them.

Seems to me it would cost less to have someone run through AD and the 3300 to find "dead" users than to continue to pay license fees for users who no longer exist. Shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to go through a list of 300 users, throw an intern at it. Also you can do AD integration with the Mitel so when a user is removed from AD, their login on the 3300 is removed as well.

It's not as simple as that because not everyone in the Mitel is in AD.  We have 3rd party implants within the business.  It's a nightmare to keep track of when people come and go.

Offline pstones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
I totally agree it's an admin/procedural problem but it amazes me that Mitel do not have a similar thing to AD where we can just see when the users last logged into a phone.

Sounds like something that should be submitted as a DCR (Design Change Request) to Mitel.

Can any customer submit a DCR?  How does one go about doing this?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 08:47:30 AM »

Can any customer submit a DCR?  How does one go about doing this?

If you have a Mitel OnLine account you may have access to it. If not, your dealer does.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Although there is no embedded way in the system to perform this task, you can use either of the following ways:-

1-If you have a call logger, run a report on all extension that have had no call activity over a period of time.

2-Export the maintenance logs, which captures all hotdesk login and logout activities and use the excel export to filter the login attempts and cross reference these with the exported user and configuration form to identify which accounts have not logged in.

Offline pstones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 05:07:55 AM »
Although there is no embedded way in the system to perform this task, you can use either of the following ways:-

1-If you have a call logger, run a report on all extension that have had no call activity over a period of time.

2-Export the maintenance logs, which captures all hotdesk login and logout activities and use the excel export to filter the login attempts and cross reference these with the exported user and configuration form to identify which accounts have not logged in.

How do you export the maintenance logs?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10