Author Topic: Mitel SX200 calls outside then connects console operator  (Read 2388 times)

Offline emccloud

• View Profile
Mitel SX200 calls outside then connects console operator
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:53:09 PM »
We have a customer with an SX200 that has started calling outside numbers and then when answered it rings the console operator. On both ends the call shows as originating from the hotel. I had them cancel all callbacks but it is still occurring. The first time it called the office manager several times; then it started calling the hotel manager; now it has called a routine guest at home. There is a possibility that an angry ex-employee may be doing this - but since I work on Mitel once every couple of years, I don't know what the cause might be.
Can anyone point me towards a resolution?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel SX200 calls outside then connects console operator
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:38 PM »
I am not sure I understand the issue... are you saying that the system is making calls on it's own? Or a "double call" is created every time a call is placed out of the hotel... I am slightly confused by your explanation of the issue.

If this is a hotel... do they maintain SMDR? That should help pin this down fairly quickly.

Offline emccloud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:39 PM »
The system seems to be placing calls on its own to the outside (strangely just to management and a long-time regular guest) and then rings the Console when the outside party answers the call.  They only track LD as far as I know. A different vendor handles their PMS and we do not have a printer on the system. Calls are at random times and irregular intervals. It will stop for a few days to a week and then place one or two calls and then stop again.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
Really odd... but sounds like a forwarding issue (not sure about the console calls though... do they normally use call forwarding? If not, and they have a console you could cancel all call fowarding and see if the problem continues.

On another note, what kind of VM are they using, embedded? There could be a notification set on a mailbox.

Have you changed any FACs lately?

Offline emccloud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
We have cancelled forwarding several times and problem persists.  Their VM is Express Messenger... we thought about notifications but even though we can't find any, would it also call the console?  Nothing has been changed in their system for years.  Now the system is calling other hotels and then connecting the console - this seems like an intentional act by a person with knowledge of Mitel systems since none of the calls are really "random"; meaning it never calls a recent guest or previous call or "strange" number.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10