Author Topic: Dynamic Extension / Hot desking  (Read 6633 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Dynamic Extension / Hot desking
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »
Hi All,

Once again I am a long time 5000 user and now in a 3300 shop.  I feel pretty stupid since everything is quite different.  We setup What I used to call Dynamic Extension (not sure what the 3300 calls it) and everything seems to be working when i have the PRESENCE button lit.  The issue I have  is That my mobile device doesn't ring until about the 4th ring and when it does, it only rings twice then goes to voicemail.  Is there a way to get teh mobile to ring more or ring at teh same time the extension does.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Perry

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic Extension / Hot desking
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:35:19 AM »
Are you using a PRG and EHDU? Copy the COS for the prime set and change the call forward no answer timer to something longer. Keep in mind that the trunks COS can control this so you may need to change something there. Be careful though, you may screw up other users in the process.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Calls to your mobile take longer to set up than calls to a desk phone.
For example, if you call a desk phone from another desk phone internally, the phone begins to ring as soon as you hit the last digit.
But when you call a mobile it may take several seconds for the mobile to ring.

There are several timers that may or may not be involved here depending on how the desk phone is call rerouted/forwarded and a couple of other options.   The simplest thing to try is to change the call forward timer in the COS of the phone and extend it.   
If that doesn't work then look at your call rerouting.  If it's using a 2nd alternative option other than 1, change it to 1 and then at the phone forward it on internal/external No Answer to VM and try again.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 08:30:17 AM »
It sounds like you are using a Personal ring group but can you confirm your programming.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
We are using personal ring groups for this.  The only groups setup are the two phones that are currently using this feature.  I tried to change the Call forward no answer timer and it had NO affect at all.  Out extension rings roughly 3 times then the mobile rings 1 1/2 times then goes to voicemail. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:19:17 PM by super6 »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »
Which COS did you change the CFNA timer on?

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
The one that the IT department is using.  #23

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »
As Ralph says keep in mind that the call to the cell phone needs to be carried out before the cell phone rings. This means using ARS to grab a trunk and send the call to the carrier who then has to ring the cell phone. If you dial the Cell number directly how long  before it rings? The COS will only determine how long before the reroute to voicemail. It won't fix why it takes so long for the cell to ring. The COS might need to be set in the trunk COS.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
It takes about 6 seconds from the time i hit the last number to get the call on my cell.  Is there a timer I can change? 

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 12:46:16 PM »
no timer to get it to go sooner. It is more likely the ARS in that the system is waiting for you to dial more digits. How is the ARS setup that you call to the cell would be using? Any UNKNOWN in the digits to follow. As a test you could create a ARS digit string for the entire cell number with no digits to follow and it would speed up that out going call. i.e 96045551212 no digits to follow and using route whatever.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
It takes about 6 seconds from the time i hit the last number to get the call on my cell.
That's a pretty good set up time for a cell phone - meaning: that's about average for a call go go through to a cell.
You can check to see if your ARS can be sped up by dialing the number and pressing '#' after it.  If ARS is waiting for more digits then that will speed it up.

Ralph

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
LoopyLou,

I am not worried as much about getting it to us sooner as I am our mobile phones only ringing once or twice.  We need our mobiles to ring longer while we are away from our desk.  In the 5000 system when we had DEE setup, both the phone and mobile rang at the same time and that was awesome  Just trying to get that as close to that ass possible.

As I mentioned in my original post, I am very new to the 3000.  I come from a 5000 system where all the programming is totally different and all the verbage is as well.  I've only been in this system for two weeks and this feature is greatly needed for this department.  What i can tell you is that we have a PRG setup with my extension (X-1348).  i have another extension (X-1448) which is the extension that is setup as the HOTDESK user and my mobile number is setup there.  This ext has the COS of my ext (1348).  Other than that I am not too familiar with the ARS.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for all the replies!!  Appreciate the help.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
Ralph,

Not really sure where to setup the ARS exactly. 

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
The COS might need to be set in the trunk COS.
Under Trunks open the Trunk attributes form and find the COS number for your trunks.
Change the CFNA timer in that one. Think about this as an upper limit.
Use the set's COS to adjust the actual timing.
Two more things:
- once the timer is long enough, the mobile voicemail will answer the call. If you don't want messages to left there turn on answer confirmation.
- there is another timer in system options that can conflict with others and cause some nice confusion.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »
What I did to help me out for the time being is change the timer on the hunt group that both of us belong in.  I increased it from 20 sec to 30 seconds.  this is the timer for all incoming calls.  Takes longer to get to the VM but our phones ring longer.  This happens to be the number for our help desk so it usually won;t go to VM.  I'ma little nervous about changing teh timers on the trunks.  I don"t really want to mess up any other pieces.  If anyone else has any comments I will certainly listen.  Once again I would like to say thanks to everyone for the assistance.  I think this is an awesome forum.  Thanks again! 

Perry

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10