Author Topic: Incoming Call Line Notification  (Read 4653 times)

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Incoming Call Line Notification
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »
I am a new user so I may be just missing it.  Been able to figure out just about everything else by either reading the manuals or quick internet search.
Our phones have 4 call buttons and we only have 4 lines so each have been programmed per each trunk. We have a hunt group setup for our two receptionists but also have answer access turned on to everyone.  The problem lies that if our receptionists are not here or away from desk anyone else can answer the phone but if there is someone already on a line the call buttons are all solid red instead of 1 line being blinking green.  Is there a way to make incoming calls blink for everyone without it ringing everywhere.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming Call Line Notification
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Mavrick,

It took me a second to understand what you wrote, but I think I got it.

My understanding of what you have is a key system where each line shows up on the person's keymap as either an Individual Trunk or CO Trunk Group; not sure which way you have it programmed. Anyway calling them Call Keys is not the correct terminology for a 5000 as a Call Key is a call button that can be used for any type of call not just Trunk Calls and therefore is not tied directly to any type of call nor provides indication of individual trunk use.

So, do you want to know is there anyway to notify the other users there is a call coming in to the receptionist Hunt Group so they can answer it?
  OR
Do you want to know if there is way to make the other phone have either a blinking red or green light indicating that a call is ringing in without it actually ringing a phone?

The answer to the first question is yes depending on how you want to alert the others of the call.

The answer to the second question I am going to say no as the solution will most likely cause other issues.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. I guess I should explain as to why the lines show solid red to the other uses as it rings into the receptionists. The short answer is that the call has been "answered" by the system as the Hunt Group actually has control over the call at that moment as it rings the two receptionist; therefore the other users see the line as busy "solid red". The receptionist see the call as a blinking green light because
1. you have the system flags for Allow Green LEDs and Use Green LEDs for Direct Rings and
2. the Hunt Group is directly ringing the receptionist phone with the intent to direct connect them to the line when one answers it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:38:45 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »
Yeah the second.  Was wanting all phones to display blinking green for incoming call.  But only the two receptionist phone to ring.  I have spent a good amount of time messing with it today with no answers other than making all phones ring.  Thought it was a long shot but was hoping someone had made it work.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
Mavrick,

The system is working as designed and there is no way to direct ring a phone with a blinking green light without it "ringing". Now you can turn the ring audible off on all the phones, but then the phones will never have an audible ring for any type of call which is a bad solution.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
I was afraid of that and let people know it would prolly not happen.   First time the issue had came up was today.  Might only happen again a few times a year so they will just have to deal with it.  At least they can answer.  Guess at the line even.  Problem lies when both receptionists are gone and no one wants sole responsibility of the phones.  Thanks anyways for the help.  At least i know I can stop digging for an answer now.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:25 PM »
Mavrick,

Can I suggest that you have the Hunt Group Recall out to another Hunt Group that rings all the phones after it has rung the receptionists 3-4 rings. If that doesn't work then send it to a mailbox or an auto attendant to be taken care of.

I am not sure who is in charge of the receptionists or getting the calls answered, but you should work with them on how they want their company to respond to their customers. I am sure there is a solution that will benefit everyone.

By the way the timers work is by seconds and not rings, but 6 seconds is considered approximately one ring so 18 seconds would be 3 rings and 24 seconds would be 4 rings, etc..

If you need help coming up with alternate solutions I am sure someone on this forum can help with that. The best thing is that you have a great deal of experience in having this many technical people helping solve a problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
My solution came down to just forwarding to a user and telling them tough luck, answer the phone.  We are an engineering firm not a call or service center,  so call flow is not high at all.  Like I said only happens hand full of times a year if that.  I usually take over the phones myself but was in and out too much today to handle them.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »
Mavrick,

I am glad you have a solution in place that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
I read this again, and something doesn't make sense.

You said that if 1 call is in progress, all 4 line keys light up? Are you sure that the keymap is correct, and Line 1 isn't programmed 4 times?

If the CO trunk group ring-in destination is a hunt group, anyone with answer access can answer a ringing call. The line key will be blinking, not lit steady.

Calls answered by an auto attendant and transferred to a hunt group will cause the line keys to light steady. But if the call hasn't yet been answered, everyone blinks.

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
They are mapped right.  If call comes in not in hunt group it is just solid red on the line ringing not all lines.  Might have worded it bad in original post.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10