Author Topic: Totally new to phone systems!! Need help please!!  (Read 3935 times)

Offline PGI_ITguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Totally new to phone systems!! Need help please!!
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
Hey guys I'm the IT guy at a graduate school and I've never worked with phone systems before but they want me to figure some stuff out for them so this is one problem i ran into. We have an older Active Voice Repartee Voicemail system that is connected to our Mitel 3300 MXe III phone system. The voicemail subscribers on the Active Voice Repartee Voicemail get notified on their cell phones when someone leaves them a voicemail but only if their cell phones are in area codes: 818, 310, 323 and 213. I need to expand the area codes to include dialing number in 626, 909, 951, and 970. I don’t know if the problem is on the Active Voice Repartee Voicemail system, or is the problem on the Mitel 3300 MXe III Phone system… and how do I add the ability to dial more area codes? Thanks alot if you read all that and can help! any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Totally new to phone systems!! Need help please!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:18:50 AM »
Odds are pretty good that the restrictions are in the 3300.
Best place to look is in the ARS Digits Dialed form and look to see if the area codes that are working now are assigned explicitly.
For example, if you dial 9 +1+<area code> look to see if there is a number assigned as 91818 or 91310.   If there is, then the easiest thing may be to simply insert 91626 and match the params of the allowed numbers.
Bear this in mind though, you may be routing those calls out trunks that are priced differently.  If you change the routing you may change what you're paying.   

If th restrictions are in the 3300 then another thing you may try is to set up a system speed dial with "Override toll Control" ticked and then use that speed dial in the AV to route the call.  This way you wouldn't have to change your routing.

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
Also check to see if there is a COR restricting the VM to only the area codes that currently work.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
Dang it.  Sometimes I forget the easy things.
Check the COR of the VM ports to see if it's different that the one on your phone.
Bear in mind, though, that the restrictions may have been put in place on the VM ports as a layer of protection against toll fraud.

Ralph

Offline PGI_ITguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
Just got in to work and will try your suggestions! Thanx alot guys! and i will keep you posted on what i find.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Interesting. How are there cell phones notified? A text, a call? The embedded voicemail can send an email to notify the user of a voicemail. That would be less dependant on making long distance calls to let the user know they have a voicemail.

Offline PGI_ITguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »
the cell phones are called after they get a message on there VM, It will call them up to 4 times until they check the message. It usually notifies them within a minute of getting the message. They prefer it to call them because its quicker.

Offline PGI_ITguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:59 PM »
ok guys a lil update on my problem, any help is greatly appreciated. We checked the ARS Dial Plan and all of the area codes that cannot be dialed on the 3300. They are all programmed in the 3300. So, does anyone know how I can check the COR and COS on the Active Voice Repartee Voicemail system? I am really thinking now that it is on the Active Voice Repartee not the 3300… thanks for your help!

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
ok guys a lil update on my problem, any help is greatly appreciated. We checked the ARS Dial Plan and all of the area codes that cannot be dialed on the 3300. They are all programmed in the 3300. So, does anyone know how I can check the COR and COS on the Active Voice Repartee Voicemail system? I am really thinking now that it is on the Active Voice Repartee not the 3300… thanks for your help!

Find the DN's of the individual ports. Start by going to Hunt Group Assignment, finding the VM hunt group (it will be in the "type" field of the hunt group and the number is the same one your users use to access VM) and get the DN's of the members. Then go to Station Service Assignment and look up the COR assigned to the ports (they hopefully are all the same). Write that information down.

Next you have to find the COR Group of the routes, so go to ARS Digits Dialed Assignment and look for the dial strings for a working area code and one that you need to open up. They will probably look something like "91818" and "91970", and get the termination type and termination number for those lines. Type will either be a Route or a List and the number tells you which one is being used. If the type is "List", you'll have to go to Route List Assignment and look up the route numbers included in the list. Once you have your route numbers, go into Route Assignment and look up the COR Group for each of the routes. Write that information down.

Now that you have the COR assigned to the devices and the COR Group assigned to the routes they are trying to access, you need to go into COR Group Assignment to see what's being blocked. If a COR number is included in a COR Group, the device that COR is assigned to is blocked from the route (if you're in, you're out). For example, if COR Group 10 includes "1-5" under "Classes Of Restriction for Group", then any device assigned a COR of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 cannot access routes assigned a COR Group of 10. So, knowing this, you can look up the COR Group of the routes you looked up in ARS and see if there's any differences. Chances are the COR your VM ports are assigned to is not in the COR Group of the allowed area codes but is in the COR Group of the blocked ones. To fix this, you can either remove the desired COR from the COR Group, or change the COR Group of the routes. However, this will also effect anything else using those COR and COR Group assignments so you will want to check and see what else is using those COR's and COR Groups before modifying them!

Offline PGI_ITguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
awesome! i will try this out and see what i find. thanks alot!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10