Author Topic: Communication Error-: Default_ScreenSaver5340.spx and TFTP ERR:4 issue.  (Read 4405 times)

Offline brandinio

• View Profile
This is my first post here and apologise for my lack of technical knowledge. We need a bit of help (we are a reseller)

We have 4 Mitel 5000's installed all networked. All sites had SIP installed from Voiceflex on small Draytek routers. The customer had a VPLS network from Expo-E connecting the sites for voice and data. All worked fine. We recently moved the SIP from the DSL/Drayteks onto their Expo E Network. All good.

The one thing that doesn't work anymore is the remote home worker phones - they cannot connect with the main site that has remote workers - Expo E and the firewall providers insist they have opened up all the necessary ports on their equipment and networks and have tested their routing. They have even (apparently) set up a separate remote worker VoIp V/LAN in addition to the existing voice and data v/lans.

Please help - anyone got any ideas? Could it be down to the ISP filtering traffic ( have also seen a post mentioning MTU sizes) - please let me know if you have any ideas and I can pass this onto our engineers - we have asked Mitel but they are slow to react.

Really appreciate any comments urgently if possible!

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.....

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Communication Error-: Default_ScreenSaver5340.spx and TFTP ERR:4 issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
Brandinio,

Sorry haven't been on since this morning, but I do have a few questions and possibly a way to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Did you get a new external IP address when moving from DSL/Drayteks to the Expo E Network?
2. Did you put that new external IP address in the IP connection of the site the phones are pointing to?
3. Did you reprogram the external worker phones to look at the new address?
4. Have you seen a trace route go all the way through from a home site to the phone system? If this doesn't work it may not be a big deal if they block those ports.
5. Did you have the IT staff open the entire External Route, No Filters 1:1 NAT straight through to the phone system for a temporary test?

Normally the ISP does not filter traffic where I am from but it could be possible depending on the service the customer is purchasing. We have also had trouble getting these to work through Juniper Routers as well.

I know this is a lot of questions to ask, but with the information you provided those are the places I would start to look at first.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:12:37 PM »
I have run across this in the past where a 5330/5340 phone sets up remotely and downloads the firmware and accepts the extension info, but whenever it attempts to download the HTML info, a default screen saver error pops up. I discovered that some feature functions such as music worked, as well as the phone ringing when dialed, so it seemed it was actually an HTML issue being blocked somehow.

It seemed this was a firewall error and even though the network admin opened up the ports there was still some faulty firewall settings on the phone end. When I was able to set one of the remote phones up on a public IP it worked flawlessly, but when it was NAT behind a firewall, the same issue appeared. There ended up being a change in service providers and equipment at the remote end which solved the issue.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but it may arm you with some info to use against your service or network provider.

Jim

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
Hi,

I have found this usually is a firewall issue however we have experienced the odd issue similar that couldn't be fully explained.  First of all restore the home phone to default and reconfigure teleworker.  If that doesn't work try setting the TFTP port statically in the network parameters (69).

Regards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10