Author Topic: Setting the PIN for new phone  (Read 16978 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Setting the PIN for new phone
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
Hello All,

I'm new to the 3300 world and I come from a 5000 world.  Working at a place that has multiple types of phones.  We tried to replace a phone and get it setup on the system and was curious how the PIN gets programmed.  With the 5320/5330 models it was ***ext# RED button and we are trying to setup a model 5304 which has no RED button.  Was curious how to get that phone setup from the phone or is the only way to do that through teh programming and entering the MAC address.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
Re: Setting the PIN for new phone
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »
I'm trying to recall from my tiny brain, but I think for 5304 use the Hold key at the end.

For other IP phones on 3300 its the Blue superkey at end.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
You can't setup a phone from the phone. You program an extension number and then give it a set type. The PIN is only used to register a new phone to the extension number. If you switch a set type you need to change it in the 3300.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Setting the PIN for new phone
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »
Hello All,

I'm new to the 3300 world and I come from a 5000 world.  Working at a place that has multiple types of phones.  We tried to replace a phone and get it setup on the system and was curious how the PIN gets programmed.  With the 5320/5330 models it was ***ext# RED button and we are trying to setup a model 5304 which has no RED button.  Was curious how to get that phone setup from the phone or is the only way to do that through teh programming and entering the MAC address.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
Off hook->***(ext#).->On hook

I believe is the correct sequence, the phone tells you in the display what to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »
Thanks to all that replied.  I thing teh issue was that we changed phone types.  Does that need to be changed in teh programming first before we can program from the phone?? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: Setting the PIN for new phone
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »
Thanks to all that replied.  I thing teh issue was that we changed phone types.  Does that need to be changed in teh programming first before we can program from the phone??
Yes... And in some cases the phone and user must be deleted from the system and built again new, depends on the type of phoned your changing.

Also remember that a like for like replacement requires the replacement code, not the activation code... So to replace a like phone its ###(ext#) by default.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:26:55 AM »
The set registration and replacement codes can be what ever you want them to and are defined in the system options form. If the extension is programmed for a 5304 you would lift the handset, dial the registration code + ext and hang up. If that fails, verify the code, set type on the DN and that there isn't a MAC already associated with the set. Or you could just manually enter the MAC in the user and devices form, I wouldn't suggest this for lots of phones as it would be annoying.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10