Author Topic: Non valid did numbers  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Baldy0177

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Non valid did numbers
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »
Hi All,
First time posting so bear with me.  My scenario is this: I have a customer with a 3300 mcd running 4.2 and they are in the process of changing tel-co vendors and the current vendor is being a real pud and won't give me a list of  all the did numbers on their PRI. So I am wondering if there is away to route non existing or vacant calls to the operator or a mailbox so we can let the new vendor know what numbers belong to them and should be ported to the new PRI. Hope this makes sense.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Non valid did numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
Hi All,
First time posting so bear with me.  My scenario is this: I have a customer with a 3300 mcd running 4.2 and they are in the process of changing tel-co vendors and the current vendor is being a real pud and won't give me a list of  all the did numbers on their PRI. So I am wondering if there is away to route non existing or vacant calls to the operator or a mailbox so we can let the new vendor know what numbers belong to them and should be ported to the new PRI. Hope this makes sense.
I would honestly go to a manager at that telco, you are paying for a service and they are not telling what you are paying for? That is utter nonsense... If they won't tell you then why should pay your bill? (at least, that is good leverage to use)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:21:01 AM »
The carrier should tell you that info.

But, to answer your question, there is a way to do that.
Edit the form "intercept handling".  Use instance #2.
In the fields for invalid dialing put in the number you want to route it to.
Next in the trunk attributes for assign '2' in the "intercept number" field of your PRI or SIP trunks.
Now if a number comes in that is unassigned it will ring to where ever you pointed it to.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
Normally the list of DID numbers would be in the customers bill from the telco. Have they checked there? Otherwise go with Ralphs suggestion.

Offline Baldy0177

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Ralph you nailed it worked like a charm. Now i can move forward with compiling the list...........Thanks again!!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10