Author Topic: Anyone know how to turn off ring notification for the 5340e bluetooth headset.  (Read 4438 times)

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
My customer has a mitel 5000 with a 5340e desk set.  She is the system's receptionist and uses the bluetooth headset to answer all the incoming calls.  She did not like the call ringing in her ear when new calls came in and tshe was already on the line as she was unable to hear the person on the line.  Changed to the Burst notification so she only gets a single beep to notify of new calls.

She would prefer it if there was no notification from the headset.  The desk phone already lights up on new calls, and she stays mostly at her desk. Anyone know of a method of disabling the headset from notifying of new calls?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Turn off camp-on tones to prevent a second call from ringing in.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Imperium1,

I don't think I have ever had anyone ask that before, but here are all the things I would look at to solve the problem.

Idle Phone Keypad:
Direct Call Ringing can be disabled by using the feature code for Ring Tone Selection and then press 0 to turn off ringing to the phone. By default this code is 398.

Phone Flags:
Headset Connect Tone generates a tone that activates the headset before connecting to an incoming call in case it is in power saver mode to prevent the user from missing portions of incoming calls.

Send Alert Burst To Headset will send a single tone to a headset instead of a normal ring tone when a call is ringing at the device.

Camp-On Indications is a tone and display that signal a user when a call has camped on to the phone. Disabling this flag will not however disable the Call or Trunk Key lamp from flashing. <--- DND ON's Answer which is a good one.

Hunt Group Flags:
Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications is a tone that signals a hunt group member when a call has camped on to the hunt group. If the phone Camp-On Tones is disabled then Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications will be disabled regardless of what the Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications flag is set for.

I am not sure how the receptionist is going to know if a call is there without constantly looking at the phone and waiting for a call to show up on a Call or Trunk key, but hey what do I know.

Good Luck,

TE

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Her desk phone would ring even when using the headset, so it would ring in both. 

Burst still  covered up what people were saying so that doesn't work.
Turned off camp-on notifications, but now the physical phone doesn't ring. so that doesn't work.

After trying various options and nothing was satisfying them, they mentioned that if they are on the line with someone, they rarely put them on hold to grab the next call.  so i just made it so if they are busy it goes to voicemail.

Now the ringing is not a problem.

Any ways, Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10