Author Topic: Outbound Caller ID based on NPA prefix  (Read 2625 times)

Offline chd2

• View Profile
Outbound Caller ID based on NPA prefix
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000, and have a SIP trunk with DID's in different markets.  Our main office is in Houston, and remote phones are located in our other offices. 

We have a call center and would like to have the corresponding calling party number show up when we call into that area.  For example, our call center sits in Houston.  When a tech dials a Houston number, our Houston line shows up.  If he or she dials a Dallas number, we would like the Dallas DID to show up on the recipient caller ID. 

What we have tried is to create a second sip trunk.  This isn't allowed because the FQDN is the same as the existing trunk.  I've got routing groups setup, but without the ability to add a second trunk with the same FQDN has thwarted my efforts. 

Is there another way to send out a certain caller ID string when calling a certain area code?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Outbound Caller ID based on NPA prefix
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »
In short... no.

Outbound caller ID in the 5000 is either based on Trunk Group or Station, there is no other option, sorry.

This idea is all theory but another option might be to use a SBC(s) of some sort to proxy the registration, you could possibly setup one SBC to register with one set of credentials, and a second one with different credentials, and then have the 5000 register to those independantly (one trunk group registers to 192.168.1.100, the second to 192.168.1.101)... It's all theory though and would require several hundred or thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Guess it depends on how bad you need it...

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:18 AM »
Actually possible, but may not be practical depending on volume.  I've done this for a company that was running two competing companies and needed to send different CPN based on who they were representing.  For the larger company do things the normal way.  For each remote office you'd need a loop start trunk port and single line (analog station) port.  Loop these ports together, LS to SL.  For each remote you'd need enough ports for the maximum traffic you expect.  Program the SL ports as house phones to dial "92001" (or whatever SIP group is) and program them to send the CPN for the location they represent.
Now when you dial a specific LS port (or probably a trunk group containing multiple LS trunks) it will take its cross-connected SL port off hook, which will cause the house phone function to dial SIP TG...SIP will wait for DTMF of number to dial, then complete the call.  To the SIP carrier it will look like call is coming from SL port, will see that port's CPN.
For my customer the person placing the call decides whether to call normally or use the special trunk group.  But in your case the 5000 could do this automatically using ARS:  user dials Houston number.  ARS sees it's Houston, and instead of sending to SIP trunks sends to Houston loop start trunk group.  SL goes off hook, dials SIP TG, then echoes dialed number into trunk.
I did this with SL/LS because I didn't need a lot, but I'm sure you could do with two ports on a T1 card, one port programmed as 24 OPX (analog station), one as LS trunks.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
I did this on a 3300 with an InGate siparator SBC.

I wrote some rules that looked at the TO information in the SIP packet and changed the FROM information based on the area code they dialed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10