Author Topic: Caller ID showing up as unknown  (Read 3312 times)

Offline pclark

• View Profile
Caller ID showing up as unknown
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
Hello,

I'm new here and to phone switches in general.  My company has a Mitel 3300.  It's been brought to our attention that our caller ID shows up as unknown when outgoing calls from our company are received from our outgoing phone lines.  (Customer Service and Inside Sales)

I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas on where to look for settings to change this.  Also is there anything on the phone companies end that might not be set correctly?    Thanks...

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID showing up as unknown
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »
Call your carrier

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »
If not you can withold CLIP on a glabal basis from programming. Under trunks/ISDN/outgoing call charateristics/calling line ID restriction.

Note: This is ISDN ONLY.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »
I am going to backup a little from the above answers and ask you, what kind of trunks? The answer will vary...

Copper, analog trunks and traditional T1 - Call telco, they provide CID on out bound calls
ISDN PRI & SIP - the default CID number is set in outbound characteristics in the trunk programming on a link basis, individual DIDs are set in the same area  but a different form

With PRI, if you don't provide an outbound caller ID, the telco usually provides a default one, with SIP providers it often works that way, but some do not provide any CID if you don't send it specifically with every call.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10