Author Topic: DNS settings on 53xx IP Phones on a HX 5000?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline jmarx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
DNS settings on 53xx IP Phones on a HX 5000?
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
We have a customer has at least 100 IP phones deployed in various places as far as India. The customer wants to be able to manage those remote IP phones better. The customer wants to know if there is a way to assign the IP phones with a DNS host name such as pbx123.imedx.com instead of just an IP address 170.163.14.201? I believe then the customer will be able to view all the IP phones on their network and the hostname would tell them the username and extension number of the phone. We were not able to find any way to do it and we have told the customer it can not be done but he wants me to get verification from Mitel and have ticket opened with them and waiting for information. The site has a PS-1 with a CS 5000 base unit with a PM expansion card running v6.0 PR5.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DNS settings on 53xx IP Phones on a HX 5000?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »
Jmarx,

They can already do that with the System Administration software. You may want to get more clarification on exactly what they want to do or see.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: DNS settings on 53xx IP Phones on a HX 5000?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
We have a customer has at least 100 IP phones deployed in various places as far as India. The customer wants to be able to manage those remote IP phones better. The customer wants to know if there is a way to assign the IP phones with a DNS host name such as pbx123.imedx.com instead of just an IP address 170.163.14.201? I believe then the customer will be able to view all the IP phones on their network and the hostname would tell them the username and extension number of the phone. We were not able to find any way to do it and we have told the customer it can not be done but he wants me to get verification from Mitel and have ticket opened with them and waiting for information. The site has a PS-1 with a CS 5000 base unit with a PM expansion card running v6.0 PR5.
The phones are not capable of DNS resolution to get back to the host site, they must be given IP address information directly.

But Tech Electronics is correct, you can view all users and detailed information about the phones already via the System Admin and Diag application.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10