Author Topic: Voicemail Question  (Read 2124 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Voicemail Question
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
I have an ext 1000. when i look at the vm form as we use embedded vm on one PBX for all of our phones the extension number and mailbox number match up. When you call 1000 you actually get 2000's voicemail ext 1000 and 2000 on different PBX's. I've never come across this before not sure if the DB is just messed up and have to delete the mail box and re-add it. 1000 isn't being forwarded to 2000. There is no reference on the vm form within 1000's configuration that mentions 2000.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »
Let me be sure I understand.
When you call 1000 get the VM of 2000?
Are you calling a DID or are you calling via auto attendant? 
If you just pick up the handset of another phone and dial 1000, do you still get MB2000?

What do you get if you go to maintenance commands and enter "locate feature ext 1000"?

Is MB2000 on a different embedded system than that of MB1000?

Ralph

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
Voicemail troubleshooting 101.
Got confused too many times by voicemail greetings!
- Leave a message and check the mailboxes for new messages. You might find that it is in the right place, and only the greeting or the recorded name is the issue.

Other possibilities:
- Call rerouting of 1000
- Call forwarding: under Advanced there is a form for call forwarding
- Maintenance commands Digit trace 'DGT TRACE 1000'. Just to avoid a numbering confusion issue.

Good hunting!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »
If you are in the maintenance commands, go ahead and run Locate Feature Extension 1000 and see what turns up. Also, if there is ever any confusion about what/where a number is on the system use Locate Number (ext).

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I wanted to circle back to this as I don't have a resolution yet.

To answer Ralph's questions.
1. yes
2. yes ( I could call just the 4 digit ext or the DID and get the wrong vm)
3. yes
4. LOCATE: Non prime extension number.                                             
Active Features :                                                               
Message Waiting Lamp On                                                         
Service Level: Full   
5. No all vm sit on the same embedded box.

The number in question 1000 is not being call forwarded in anyway. However, this has gotten a little stranger. When I looked up vm box 2000 I found out the gal who had this phone moved to a different office and took a new ext. Her new ext. 3000  had no mailbox at all. I deleted mailbox 2000 and created one for 3000. When you call 1000 you still get a message with her voice. I left a test message to verify it wasn't going to her new MB it didn't. Somehow still going to  phantom MB that i have deleted.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
Never mind mystery solved. I have no idea how but she managed to change the greeting of ext 1000. John was correct should of looked at the simple stuff first before I thought it was a more elaborat issue..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10